Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 25, 2020 9:35 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

, who are ranked 14th in bas

Ive?waited my whole life for a Chicago Cubs World Series win. Nike Air Max 1 Store . (Lets be honest, with the exception of a few Guinness World Record holders, who hasnt?)?Ive?dreamed about what it would be like to see them win it all.?On Monday, the team made a move that brings a championship that much closer to the north side of Chicago, sending four players, including top prospect Gleyber Torres, to the Yankees in exchange for closer Aroldis Chapman.Chapman is a superstar who fills an immediate need for the first-place Cubs, who are ranked 14th in baseball in bullpen ERA (3.83) and 22nd in save percentage (65.5 percent) this season. He could very well?be the final piece needed to end the longest championship drought in major pro sports history. You can understand why so many Cubs fans rejoiced at the news.But not all of Chicago was celebrating. Many, like me, dreaded the deal going through. Yes, Chapman is the man with the 105 mph fastball. Hes also the man who missed the first 30 games of the season after being suspended under MLBs domestic violence policy. Hes the man who denied choking his girlfriend in October, but did admit to shooting eight bullets into his garage while the mother of his child hid in the bushes, terrified.No charges were?filed?against Chapman -- the?Davie (Florida) Police Department cited?conflicting stories and a lack of cooperation from witnesses -- but MLB investigated, too,?and?commissioner?Rob Manfred?found?Chapmans behavior to be inappropriate under the negotiated policy, particularly his use of a firearm and the impact of that behavior on his partner.After serving his suspension, Chapman described the night with the gun and the 911 call and the alleged choking as nothing serious. I didnt do anything, he said. People are thinking that its something serious; I have not put my hands on anyone, didnt put anyone in danger. Since I didnt do anything like that, Im not thinking about it. If I didnt do anything, why should I think about it? That is in the past.An alleged assault, a terrified loved one and a confirmed eight bullets shot in a garage, one of which flew through a window into an open field. Not serious? Not dangerous? Its a troubling denial of culpability.Now, just nine months after the incident in question, and two months after Chapmans flippant remarks, a new fan base is being asked to embrace him, to give him a second chance.Some fans may never be comfortable with an athlete accused or convicted of abuse being afforded the privilege of representing a team and a city in professional?sports, but?many would accept giving an athlete a second chance if they felt certain that something had been learned and changes had been made. Not all athletes are going to be good guys,?but people shouldnt have to feel guilty about their fandom as an accepted cost of doing business.Ive written before about?why many domestic violence experts believe one -and -done isnt the best policy, and I agree. Players like?Chapman should not be banned from the league forever, but discipline is necessary, and it must not be for the sake of PR. It must be meted out with the end goal of changing behavior.Those experts say the most important factor in avoiding recidivism is the offenders willingness to acknowledge guilt and take accountability for his or her actions. Baseball is on the right track, putting in place a domestic violence policy that includes education and prevention programs. The next step would be to ensure that these elements of the policy are made clear to fans, so?theyre able to see that real efforts are being made to stop the cycle of violence.For now, Chicago fans will get no real assurance that Chapman has learned or changed, other than a brief statement released?on Monday.?After acknowledging Octobers incident in a statement saying, I?regret that I did not exercise better judgment and for that I am truly sorry, Chapman declared, Out of respect for my family, I will not comment any further on this matter.?Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts?said, My?family, this team and Major League?Baseball take?the issue of domestic violence very seriously.Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein went one step further in acknowledging what comes next for Chapman. [Acquiring Chapman] doesnt mean were turning our back on the importance of character at all, Epstein told the media on Monday. I think because weve emphasized character and building this core that we have, we have a tremendously strong clubhouse culture. We have great character down there. We think that it will help Aroldis as he moves forward.So troubled Cubs fans are left hoping Epstein is right, hoping that Chapman arrives a changed man and thrives in the Chicago clubhouse. Well get no further comment on the matter from Chapman, himself. Just blazing fastballs. Fastballs that will assuredly help the team I love. Fastballs that could be the difference come October.Whenever I picture what it will be like when the Cubs win it all, I see a mass of humans of all shapes and sizes and ages hugging in the Wrigley Field bleachers and grandstands. I see fans crying over Ronnie and Ernie, grandpas and grandmas and everyone else who didnt make it quite long enough. I see bleacher bums and ball hawks refusing to leave the park or the bar or the street until the last song has been sung, the last champagne bottle popped, the last memory made.When the Chapman deal was finalized, my daydreaming got an edit. Now, I have to picture Chapman pitching the final out of the World Series. The guys Ive come to love -- Rizzo, Bryant, Fowler, Ross, Arrieta -- piling on Chapman on the mound. Chapman on the front page of every newspaper in the country. Chapman, the lasting image of the victory. Chapman, the hero.Its not the picture I always dreamed of. Replica Nike Air Max 1 . The International Olympic Committee released the official list of bid cities on Friday after the deadline for applications had passed. The candidates -- all previously announced in their own countries -- are: Almaty, Kazakhstan; Beijing; Krakow, Poland; Lviv, Ukraine; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm. Nike Air Max 1 2020 . "Four now," Carl Gunnarsson told the Leaf Report proudly following a 5-2 victory over New York on Tuesday night, the clubs fifth straight at home. https://www.cheapairmax1store.com/ . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1. The PGA Tours regular season is over, and weve reached the FedEx Cup. The top 125 players on tour will now compete for the top spot and the title of FedEx Cup champion for 2016. That all starts at The Barclays, held at the Black Course at Bethpage State Park.Our DFS golf experts have put together the players they believe have the skills to succeed and provide big fantasy point totals. This weeks panel is comprised of Bob Harig, Jason Sobel, Michael Collins, Jonathan Coachman and David Jayne, as well as FantasyGolfInsiders Jeff Bergerson, Zach Turcotte, Taras Pitra and Jason Rouslin.Note: Golfer salaries listed are for DraftKings.Jason Sobel -- Phil Mickelson ($9,700)Two reasons: One, he loves Bethpage Black, with runner-up finishes in the two U.S. Opens contested there; and two, at this point in his career, there isnt much new ground left for Lefty to break, but a FedEx Cup title has him pretty jazzed for the end of the season. Fresh off his longest summer break in two decades, expect Mickelson to get the playoffs started with a renewed sense of purpose, beginning with this weeks opener.Michael Collins -- Dustin Johnson ($11,900)After missing his first cut of the year at the PGA Championship, we have seen neither hide nor hare of the U.S. Open champ except some Instagram posts from his baby mama lighting up interweb trolls. Bethpage Black is everything that suits DJs game and now hes rested and relaxed coming into this week. To steal a line from Samuel L. Jackson in the first Jurassic Park, Hold on to your butts.Jonathan Coachman -- Jason Day ($12,400)Bethpage Black is a big boys golf course. There are a lot of holes that have long carries and long approach shots. That eliminates a majority of the field from making a run at a win. Day gets motivated this time of year and his performance this summer has him simmering. There is no Ryder Cup for the Australian Day, so these next four tournaments are his swan song. And my man wants to sing.Bob Harig -- Jason Day ($12,400)The defending champion won at a different course last year, but hes more than suited to perform well on brutish Bethpage Black. Ranked No. 1 in the world, Day should also benefit from a three-week break following his runner-up finish at the PGA Championship.David Jayne -- Keegan Bradley ($7,600)Bradley is in solid form coming in with six consecutive made cuts with three top-25 finishes, and needs to play well to improve his current 106th place standing in the FedEx CCup. Nike Air Max 1 2022. Hes got plenty of distance off the tee to handle this longer track. Weve seen poor putters succeed here (Lucas Glover at the 2009 U.S. Open, for example), as this municipal course features fairly flat greens, and Keegan certainly has struggled since the switch to the short putter. Finally, hes had plenty of experience playing this course dating back to his days at St. Johns when he and his teammates would get to sneak onto the course and play it while it was closed.Jeff Bergerson -- Russell Knox ($7,300)Over the past three months, Knox has been a model of consistency, but also has flashed upside. He has a win last time out at the Travelers, a T-10 at the Scottish Open, and a runner-up finish at the Irish Open. Knox is not incredibly long off the tee, but he is elite when it comes to hitting greens, ranking second on tour. His $7,300 price-tag is so low for consistency and upside, that I will have him in my cash game and GPP lineups.Zachary Turcotte -- Ryan Palmer ($5,900)With a field of only around 120 players, the event will play like an invitational with close to 2/3 of the field getting through the cut. An aggressive strategy is important for GPP events, as you really want a lineup loaded with potential stars. Ryan Palmer at a salary of $5,900 represents a lot of value. Hes long enough off the tee to handle Bethpage Black, he has played well here before (24th in 2012) and has missed just three cuts in 20 starts this season. Using Palmer as a cut maker with upside gives us a lot of room to work with when building the rest of our roster.Taras Pitra -- Jim Furyk ($8,600)If you missed it on Sunday, Justin Ray of the Golf Channel put out a tweet stating In Jim Furyks last 95 holes, he has hit 86 greens in regulation which equals 90.5 percent. Thats an absurd amount of greens hit, especially for Mr. 58. I really like how he sets up, considering hes a known plodder and this course demands patience from start to finish.Jason Rouslin -- Luke Donald ($7,500)A guy that might be peaking at the right time, Donald enters The Barclays coming off of a second-place finish at the Wyndham. This week he returns to Bethpage where he found success in 2012, coming in 10th. Luke already has a FedEx Cup in his trophy case, is trying to get hot at the right time and secure his spot in the Tour Championship. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel