Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 25, 2020 9:34 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

e was already sidelined b

WACO, Texas -- Johnny Jefferson, one of Baylors two returning 1,000-yard rushers, has sore ribs from a car accident after already being out of practice because of a foot injury. Vapormax Plus Scontate .Hell be out for a while, acting head coach Jim Grobe said after practice Monday.Jeffersons foot was stepped on early in preseason practice, and he was already sidelined before the car accident Thursday.Grobe said the foot injury is the bigger issue and that he isnt sure whether Jefferson will be ready for the Sept. 2 season opener against Northwestern State.Everybody handles pain differently, Grobe said. If the trainers and doctors feel like he can handle the pain and can go, were pretty apt to try to push him to get back on the field. With the running back, the problem is if your wheels are banged up. A big part of his ability is hes a physical runner and hes got great balance, but a big part of him being successful is his foot speed.The Bears should have back Shock Linwood, their other 1,000-yard rusher, who Grobe said has looked good in practice.Jefferson capped his season of exactly 1,000 yards with 299 yards and three touchdowns in Baylors 49-38 victory over North Carolina in the Russell Athletic Bowl, but Linwood (1,329 yards) missed the bowl game and spring practice because of a broken foot.Hes looked solid. He looked solid in our summer workouts and has really gotten to the point where he just wants to get in shape, Grobe said of Linwood, who is close to being the schools career rushing leader. Hes a guy who stays out extra on his own. He knows he may have to carry the football a few times. ... But I sense a guy thats on a mission.Jefferson and Linwood both missed Baylors first scrimmage Saturday. While Jefferson was hurt, Linwood was taking part in graduation ceremonies on campus.Linwood has had consecutive 1,000-yard seasons for the Bears. His 3,462 career yards are only 204 shy of breaking Walter Abercrombies school record that has stood since 1981.I didnt go at all this spring, so I was out since December. ... I was having to get myself back in football shape, but also work my mind mentally on recovering from the surgery and all that, Linwood said. So being able to bounce back and redirect myself was the most important part for me to do.Game notes Receiver KD Cannon, who underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in early July, practiced for the first time Monday. Were in pretty good shape as far as being a little less than three weeks away, Grobe said. That gives you plenty of time to gradually work your way back in. ... Senior defensive tackle Byron Bonds hasnt practiced during preseason camp because of a knee injury. Vapormax 97 Scontate . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. Vapormax Scontate . -- Al Jefferson found a groove just in time for the Charlotte Bobcats. http://www.scarpevapormaxscontate.it/vapormax-plus-italia/vapormax-plus-bleached-aqua-saldi.html . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. LATROBE, Pa. -- Running back?LeVeon Bell?apologized to the Pittsburgh Steelers for the distraction of his looming four-game suspension, but he was generally vague about the issue when addressing the media Thursday at training camp.The Steelers expect to hear back on Bells appeal in mid-August, coach Mike Tomlin said. ESPNs Dan Graziano reported last Friday that Bells suspension is the result of missed drug tests, not failed tests.I want to apologize to Steeler Nation, all the fans and players and coaches for being a distraction to this whole situation, Bell said in a brief opening statement. I dont, obviously, want to be a distraction, but this whole situation, the appeal, is going to run its course.Bell, who served a two-game suspension last season after being pulled over with possession of marijuana in 2014, said he was frustrated when he first learned about this punishment in March. But the back is letting his reps and the NFLPA handle the case. He said he understands some will believe he has character issues after two off-field incidents, but said that isnt something he can control.Bell declined to comment when asked about details of the suspension, citing the ongoing appeal process.Like Bell, Tomlin said he wants a resolution before coommenting further. Vapormax 97 Italia. Anything I say prior to that is simply speculation, the coach said.Guard David DeCastro acknowledged it is frustrating for a contending team to lose players. In addition to losing Bell, who leads all running backs with 119 yards from scrimmage per game since 2013, wide receiver Martavis Bryant received a yearlong suspension over multiple drug-testing violations.Were used to it, sadly, DeCastro said of the losses. You have all this talent and you start losing guys like that. Its tough. But guys step up.DeAngelo Williams, who rushed for 11 touchdowns in Bells absence last season, is Bells primary backup.On a positive note, Bell was not listed on the teams physically unable to perform list and is ready to practice less than nine months after tearing his medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments last season against the Cincinnati Bengals. The Steelers staff can manage Bells reps in practice, but he should be a fixture during camp.Im going to do as much as coach Tomlin lets me do, Bell said. Im confident where I am right now. I felt if we had a game tomorrow, Id be able to play. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel