Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 24, 2020 8:05 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

good when the pressure is on an

Melbourne Victory sharpshooter Besart Berisha says recent criticism of his form was a driving force behind his match-winning A-League hat-trick against Western Sydney. Air Max 270 White And Black .After spurning some gilt-edged opportunities recently, Berisha was on target against the Wanderers in a 3-0 win at ANZ Stadium on Saturday night.Im really good when the pressure is on and the critics are coming, Berisha said on Sunday.I think sometimes in football that just motivates you and this is what happened to me.Its not like I was in a big crisis, but the critics were loud and clear and they motivated me to work harder.I have the backing of my coach and my team and this week was important ... Im really happy.The 31-year-old has moved to the top of the A-League goal scorers list for the season.The Albanian is also set to become the leading scorer in A-League history, his eight strikes this season putting him just one goal behind former Victory teammate Archie Thompson.Archie, for me, is a legend in Australia ... he is a great striker, Berisha said.I never thought I would be close to him for scoring goals, so Im, of course, very happy and proud that Im so close to maybe breaking the record.But the older you get, you realise that the most important thing is team silverware and this is what Im aiming for.Coach Kevin Muscat gave critics of his star marksman a serving after the game.If hes up there to be criticised, well I think theres another eight or nine strikers in the country wholl be thinking hes doing a lot better than me, Muscat said.Write him off again during the week if you all can because he loves it.The result sets up a blockbuster local derby next Saturday night at AAMI Park, with Victory only one point behind second-placed Melbourne City with a game in hand.City have established bragging rights over their more-celebrated rivals with wins in the A-League and an FFA Cup semi-final so far this campaign.But Berisha denied the much-anticipated clash presents an opportunity for Victory to get some pay back.We dont see it this way ... we didnt play well in both of those games, he said.We didnt play our game and this is our focus now - to play our game. To be strong and show what we can do.Its really important to understand its still a long way to go in the season ... in the end, thats where you show who is the better team, the better players, the better club. Air Max 270 React On Sale . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. Air Max 270 Flyknit Olive . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. http://www.cheapairmax270react.com/air-max-270-react-red-fake.html . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season.Plans to establish a Super Rugby franchise in Fiji to stop top players leaving the Pacific Islands are well advanced and have over £20m in backing. The team would be based in a 20,000-seater stadium close to Fijis airport with four large international companies and two major kit manufacturers prepared to fund the project, according to the Daily Telegraph. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price About 19 per cent of the worlds professional rugby players are originally from the Pacific Islands but many represent other nations such as world champions New Zealand, Australia, France and England after qualifying under residency rules. I believe the impact of this plan would see Fiji win the World Cup one day, said Ben Ryan, the English coach who led his adopted country to the Olympic sevens gold medal this year.We have shown in sevens what we can do and if you just look at the impact the Fiji players are having on the tier one countries, they are their star players in New Zealand, Australia, England and France. We could make them the best club side in the world. Imagine the talent we have got in France? They would all be on the first flight back. Ben Ryan on the possibility of a Fijian Super Rugby team Ryan said in future it was vital to keep the top players in the Pacific Islands.It is not pie in the sky, he added. Pick a world XV from the players that are playing outside Fiji and Samoa in the other international teams and you would get a team that is there or thereabouts.Some of the worlds largest companies with links to the Pacific Islands are supporting the plan, giving the potential new franchise more money than any other Super Rugby teamm. Air Max 270 React City of Speed. England vs Fiji November 19, 2016, 2:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass We could make them the best club side in the world. Imagine the talent we have got in France? They would all be on the first flight back, Ryan said.He has discussed the proposals with World Rugby which has set up a working group to review residency rules.Fijian-born back-row forward Nathan Hughes made his England debut last weekend and could start against his home country on Saturday. Fiji upset by awards snub Fiji plan to make their feelings known after being overlooked at World Rugby awards Ryan believes a Super Rugby franchise in Fiji and the possibility of another one in Tonga would have more impact on the player exodus than extending residency qualifications from three to five years.Ever since I went to the island Ive been thinking about how we get Fiji, Tonga and Samoa to be consistent World Cup quarter-finalists and knocking on the doors of the semi-finals, he said.The number one thing is to have a Super Rugby franchise. It is the simplest way of doing it. It sends the strongest message and would reap the quickest results.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Fiji upset by awards snub Hughes frank over finances Well bore Fiji to death Follow @SkySportsRugby ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel