Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 22, 2020 11:16 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

evening against the Arizona Diamondbacks

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Brewers have put Will Middlebrooks on the 15-day disabled list after the third baseman left Sundays game against the Chicago Cubs with a strained lower right leg. Cheap Air Max Outlet .To take Middlebrooks place on the roster, outfielder Keon Broxton was called up from Triple-A Colorado Springs before the game Monday evening against the Arizona Diamondbacks. This will be Broxtons fourth stint with the Brewers this season.Middlebrooks signed with Milwaukee in the offseason. He was hitting .111 with no homers and one RBI in 10 games since being called up from Triple-A on July 4. Air Max TN Store . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. Cheapest Air Max Tn . The veteran safety was a starter for the Bengals from 2008-2012. He totaled 41 tackles and three interceptions while starting all but four of the 13 games he played last season. http://www.cheapestairmaxstore.com/ . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. ORLANDO -- Jarrion Lawson is the mens winner of The Bowerman Award.The former Arkansas standout won four NCAA titles in 2016, including a historic three at the NCAA Division I Outdoor Track & Field Championships. He is the first Razorback to win collegiate track & fields highest individual honor, which was handed out Friday night at the Orlando Grande Lakes Resort.It was like a relief feeling, Lawson said of hearing his name. Actually, I was more nervous for the womens Bowerman than the mens Bowerman. I dont know why. That initial anticpiation of you dont know who the winner is and the men are second.Lawson joins a prestigious fraternity of former male winners, headlined by two-time Olympic gold medalist and two-time world record holder Ashton Eaton (2010). Galen Rupp (2009) and Derek Drouin (2013) also won two Olympic medals, while Deon Lendore (2014) captured bronze at the 2012 London Olympic Games.What Lawson did at Historic Hayward Field in June was nothing short of remarkable. Lawson became the first man since Jesse Owens in 1936 to win the 100, 200 and long jump titles at the same NCAA meet. The Razorback star also ran a leg of the teams 4×100 relay (which finished 3rd) and in turn, shattered the modern-day scoring record.Lawson faced tough competition for The Bowerman Award as Texas A&Ms Donavan Brazier and Oregons Edward Cheserek were also finalists. Brazier broke Jim Ryunss 50-year-old collegiate record in the 800 on its golden anniversary, while Cheserek - the first three-time finalist in the history of The Bowerman Award - won five NCAA titles (four individual, one relay) and was the first man to sweep the distance slate clean (3000-5000-DMR indoors, 5000-10000 outdoors) in seven years. Air Max Outlet Online Store. I had confidence [that Id win] just because I like to believe in myself, Lawson said. Thats where it all starts. When you believe in yourself before you can achieve something great. Just knowing what I did in the outdoor season and having four national championships this year, I feel like I performed well enough to win The Bowerman Award.This is the third consecutive year that a male athlete from the SEC won The Bowerman Award. Lendore started the trend in 2014 and former Florida horizontal jumper and 2016 World Indoor gold medalist Marquis Dendy continued it last year. Dendy was there Friday night to hand off The Bowerman Award to Lawson.Just to see the trophy is one thing, but to be the winner of it - just like I said about it on stage - is a surreal experience, Lawson said. This thing looks like its made of all gold. Its heavy. Its definintely the biggest trophy that Ive ever won. Just to add it to my awards is a big honor. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel