Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 18, 2020 9:14 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

learns that he taste-teste

Cam F. Mark Teixeira Jersey . Awesomes sleepwalking gets worse before a big fight.When he wakes up in a dorm hallway resting his head on a bag filled with socks, or when he learns that he taste-tested several energy drinks in a hotel lobby store and left without paying, he figures its an unconscious coping mechanism for an ever-percolating mind.I should probably see someone one day, but I dont need someone to tell me Im crazy, Awesome said. Thats just how I deal with pressure.With his berth in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics on the line next week at a tournament in Vargas, Venezuela, the U.S. heavyweight might be in for a few restless nights.Hes ready to handle it in the same inimitable style with which he reached the edge of his Olympic dream.Four years after he wrecked his first shot at going to London by missing drug tests, Awesome is down to his last chance to qualify for the Rio Games. He almost certainly must win the entire qualifying tournament to avoid missing out on the Olympics again.For the past four years, Awesomes Olympic aspirations have driven a personal reinvention that led to devout veganism, a standup comedy career and even an eye-catching name change for the former Lenroy Thompson.But now that hes one loss away from missing out on Rio, the U.S. teams most charismatic fighter is thinking soberly about his future.I hold it together because Ive mentally tricked myself into (thinking) everything is going to be OK, and thats how I live, Awesome said. I can control everything. Theres never any pressure on me. But the closer things get, Im great in everyday life, but I sleepwalk more and more.The 27-year-old Awesome is the self-appointed captain of Team USA, which is hoping for a resurgent performance in Rio after the men failed to win a single medal in London. Six men and two women have already clinched spots in Brazil, but Awesome failed to qualify last week on a trip to Azerbaijan, forcing him to travel to the last-chance qualifier in Venezuela along with light heavyweight Jonathan Esquivel and welterweight Paul Kroll.Not the happiest with my performance (in Azerbaijan), Awesome said. I wish I had given it a little more so I wouldnt have to be going to a place without food.Awesome felt he deserved a decision over Ecuadors Julio Cesar Castillo Torres in Azerbaijan, but he has been an Olympic-style boxer long enough to accept the razor-thin margins of victory in most three-round fights. A good sense of humor is helpful for the many maddening aspects of his chosen sport, and humor is something Awesome has in abundance.He has been doing standup for three years, ever since he took the stage at a club in Kansas City, the Long Island natives adopted home. He did a few sets in Reno during the U.S. Olympic boxing trials in December, and he even performed at a marijuana shop in Colorado Springs right before his trip to Azerbaijan.Awesome has seen many far corners of the world during his Olympic quest with the International Boxing Association (AIBA), which usually holds its big events far from Western fans. On the way home from Azerbaijan, he flew through the Istanbul airport less than 48 hours before three suicide bombers killed 43 people at the same international terminal.A teammate alerted Awesome to the terror attacks, and the boxer could only shake his head at the surreal nature of his pursuit.I am not OK with dying unless its my choice, Awesome said. I would like to maybe stick around for a couple hundred years. Dying in Istanbul, no one (in the U.S.) would really know where it was. Thats not where I want to end my legacy. Im going to try to stick around until maybe 87.Even with the stark reality of his trip to Venezuela, Awesome has kept his sense of humor about his Olympic predicament -- and about his sleepwalking.If he wakes up again surrounded by spoonsful of peanut butter, or if he realizes that he started to cook something in his sleep, hell see it as a sign that his mind is ready for his bodys task.Its been suggested that I see someone about it, that I might sleep better, Awesome said. But Im not violent in my sleep, so Im not going to open that. Ive talked to people who say it might be something from my childhood, something youre suppressing. But if my brain is smart enough to hide something, Im not going to go out of my way to find it. I dont want to know what my brain is hiding from me. Randy Johnson Jersey . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. Don Mattingly Jersey Large . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. http://www.customyankeesjersey.com/custom-jorge-posada-jersey-large-514i.html . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night.INDIANAPOLIS -- Three-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dario Franchitti topped the speed chart Wednesday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway, turning a lap at an average of 224.236 mph in the fifth practice session for the May 26 race. "It doesnt really count for much, but its nice nonetheless," said Franchitti, the Target Chip Ganassi Racing driver who will be 40 on Sunday. "Right now were still very much in the preparation stage, making changes to the car. Sometimes doing one and two lap runs. We had a pretty tough morning there and made some big changes to the Target car in the afternoon. We went out there with some of the Andretti guys and my teammates. ... Some other guys involved in a pack and really the lap time came from being in the right place at the right time." Franchitti is trying to match the race rrecord of four victories held by A. Custom Derek Jeter Jersey. . Foyt, Al Unser Sr. and Rick Mears. Panther Racings Townsend Bell was second at 223.716, followed by Team Penskes Helio Castroneves at 223.699 in windy and warm conditions. Andretti Autosports Marco Andretti remained first overall through the first sessions with a lap at 225.100 in the third practice. Castroneves was second at 225.075, also during the third session. Franchitti explained the benefits of long pack runs during practice. "If you get the car close enough, and you can go and do that, definitely thats something that prepares you for the race," Franchitti said. "If you have the luxury to be able to do that, thats good. We did a couple yesterday, we felt bad. We completely changed the car today and are feeling a bit happier again." ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel