Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 18, 2020 9:14 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

denying that a deal is in place, leaving

LONDON -- As Manchester United undergoes a smooth handover of power, Manchester City appears to be in disarray. Dave Robinson Super Bowl Jersey . City manager Roberto Mancini has publicly expressed anger that the club is not disputing reports that Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini has been lined up to replace him. For his part, Pellegrini is only denying that a deal is in place, leaving open the possibility that he could be headed to the Premier League. "I deny that as of today I am the new coach of Manchester City," Pellegrini said. "I have not signed any agreement with anyone." The public silence from City, though, is speaking volumes. City chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak and his board members have not made a public statement supporting Mancini as the clubs season has imploded. And Mancini was visibly frustrated this weekend that the directors have decided not to shut down the reports that Pellegrini will replace him after almost four years in charge. "This problem has come out because we didnt stop all these things that you wrote for six months," Mancini told reporters in the wake of Saturdays FA Cup final loss to Wigan. "Its been too much. I dont understand why." Mancini is the manager who ended Citys 35-year drought trophy by winning the FA Cup in 2011, and then delivered the teams first English title in 44 years last May. City, though, only won the Premier League on goal difference after scoring twice in the final moments against Queens Park Rangers. QPRs London ground was being used by Mancini to train his team ahead of Tuesdays penultimate league match at Reading. By Citys standards, before being bought by Sheikh Mansour in 2008, finishing second in the league this month would have been a remarkable achievement. But a team that has benefited from around $1 billion of Abu Dhabi investment in five years has failed to build on its position of strength. The Premier League trophy was conceded to Manchester United with four games to go, giving manager Alex Ferguson the perfect retirement gift before handing over to David Moyes. And City has not established itself as a forced in Europe, exiting the Champions League at the group stage for the second straight season. The FA Cup gave City a chance to end the season with a trophy but relegation-threatened Wigan won the final 1-0 on Saturday. "The team looks without passion, desire and (its) difficult to find an answer why everything went wrong," City defender Pablo Zabaleta said. Captain Vincent Kompany is calling for calm amid the turmoil at City. "I think Man City fans just need to bear with us," he said. "We will come here again and win a lot of trophies in the future. We have proven it and it is just a matter of time." It shouldnt take long to see who will manage the team next season. And, for Mancini, history is repeating itself. The Italian exited Inter Milan in 2008 after three successive title wins after discovering he faced being fired in a newspaper. "At that moment I understood that maybe it was true," Mancini said. But Mancini also replaced Mark Hughes at City in 2009 under blurred circumstances. Mancini was forced to concede he had met City about the job two weeks before Hughes was fired -- a move that enraged fans at the time. On Saturday, those fans were bellowing abuse about Pellegrini at Wembley Stadium while chanting support for Mancini. However muddled his departure is proving to be, Mancini will always be the manager who ended the clubs long-wait for silverware. "For this reason we are very popular with the support," Mancini said. "I love them, they love me and Im happy for this. If in the end I will leave I will be the first supporter of Manchester City in the future." Jamaal Williams Super Bowl Jersey . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. Davante Adams Super Bowl Jersey .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. http://www.officialgreenbaypackerspro.com/Jason-spriggs-packers-jersey/ . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. DENVER -- Freddy Galvis swung his way out of a three-week slump and helped the Philadelphia Phillies mount their biggest comeback of the season. Galvis hit a pair of 2-run triples and scored the go-ahead run on Humberto Quinteros single, rallying the Phillies a five-run deficit for an 8-7 win over the Colorado Rockies on Friday night. "You have to stay confident," said Galvis, who came into the game batting .152 (12 of 79) since hitting a game-ending homer May 19 against Cincinnati. "Its a long season. You have to keep your head up and play hard every day. "Hopefully, Ill keep swinging good and help the team. Sometimes, thats the kind of game you need to get back on track. Well see tomorrow." The Phillies overcame home runs by Carlos Gonzalez and Josh Rutledge, who was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs on Friday to fill the roster spot left vacant by the loss of slugging shortstop Troy Tulowitzki to a broken rib. Tulowitzki, who could miss up to six weeks, was placed on the disabled list Friday, a day after he was hurt diving for ball during a 5-4 loss to Washington. Trailing 7-2 going into the sixth, the Phillies chased Rockies starter Juan Nicasio and pulled within 7-5 on the first of Galvis 2-run triples and a run-scoring groundout by Quintero. "The ball was up in the zone and not doing anything," Nicasio said. "I had a lead, but theyre hitting and swinging." The Phillies went ahead with a three-run seventh. Domonic Brown singled off reliever Josh Outman to start the inning and after Ryan Howard struck out, Wilton Lopez relieved Outman. Lopez (1-3) got Kevin Frandsen to fly out, but John Mayberry walked and Galvis shot a hard grounder down the first base line for his second triple of the night, scoring Brown and Mayberry to even the score at 7-all. Quintero singled Galvis home to give the Phillies their first lead. "Its always tough," Gonzalez said of the Rockies losing their big lead. "Its one of those things that you hope doesnt happen during the game when youre playing defence. Custom Packers Super Bowl Jerseys. Just a bad couple of outings, just a bad game." Galvis said the Phillies never believed they were out of it, even when they were down by five. A 2-run deficit was the biggest previous comeback by the Phillies, which they pulled off twice this season. "This is a park where the ball flies," Galvis said. "Youve just got to keep hitting and we gotem." Jonathan Papelbon gave up a one-out single in the ninth to Gonzalez, who went 4 for 4, but he came back to strike out Michael Cuddyer and retire Todd Helton on a groundout for his 13th save in as many chances. Michael Stutes (2-0) pitched a scoreless inning in relief for the win Gonzalez, who bruised his left foot Thursday when he was struck by a foul liner while waiting in the on-deck circle, gave the Rockies the lead when he connected off Kyle Kendrick in the first for his 19th home run. Gonzalezs solo shot was the first of seven runs Kendrick gave up, matching his career high. He went 4 1-3 innings and allowed 10 hits. "I was just up in the zone tonight, really up all night," Kendrick said. "I couldnt make a pitch, but the offence picked me up. The bullpen pitched well. It was a nice win." Nicasio helped build a 7-2 lead for Colorado with a two-run single in the second, his first RBI of the season. The Phillies closed to within 3-2 in the fourth on Mayberrys RBI double and Quinteros RBI single. But the Rockies answered in their half of the fourth. Yorvit Torrealba hit a one-out run-scoring double. One out later, Rutledge drove a 1-1 offering from Kendrick over the wall in right-centre into the Rockies bullpen for his sixth home run of the season. Nolan Arenados RBI single in the fifth chased Kendrick. Nicasio went 5 2-3 innings and allowed five runs on seven hits. NOTES: Phillies C Carlos Ruiz (right hamstring strain) was scheduled to begin a rehab assignment on Saturday with Lehigh Valley. ... Cuddyers fifth inning single extending his hitting streak to 12 games, longest by a Rockies player this season. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel