Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 17, 2020 8:16 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

next week at Michigan Intern

BRISTOL, Tenn. Johnny Unitas Jersey . -- Jeff Gordon, who came out of retirement to substitute for Dale Earnhardt Jr.?while Earnhardt recovers from a concussion, wont race next week at Michigan International Speedway.Earnhardt could return next week if cleared by doctors, but if he is out, Gordon said Friday a previous commitment for next Friday and Saturday would keep him from making a fifth consecutive start in the Hendrick Motorsports No. 88 car.I am not able to be in the car at Michigan, Gordon said after qualifying Friday at Bristol Motor Speedway. I had some other obligations. ... Its just a prior commitment I had already made.I didnt know I was going to be doing all this.Alex Bowman, who substituted for Earnhardt last month at New Hampshire, is set to replace Earnhardt if he isnt cleared for Michigan, where NASCAR will use a potential 2017 rules package that reduces downforce from the regular 2016 package.Gordon said he could race Labor Day weekend at Darlington if asked. Gordon has finishes of 13th, 27th and 14th in his three starts since being out of the car after the 2015 season finale. He had spent the first half of 2016 transitioning to a new phase of his life as a member of the Fox Sports broadcast team.I was enjoying my summer a lot, Gordon said. To go from my experience [vacationing] in France and how relaxing that was to the intensity level at Indy, it was a big wake-up call for me.Every week that Im in the car, I get more comfortable and I get in a place where I feel I can contribute more and ramp my intensity level up along with the competition. You cant just be out of it for six months and jump in and expect that to come naturally -- not for me anyway.The four-time Sprint Cup champion will be at the track Aug. 28 at Michigan for sponsor Axalta but said it would be unfair to have someone practice and qualify the car and then him race it if Earnhardt cant compete.It doesnt make sense, Gordon said. Im pretty sure Alex Bowman would be in the car. It wouldnt be fair to him. It wouldnt be fair to this team.I am not sure Im even the best choice for that package at that race.Gordon had his best qualifying effort of his four replacement races Friday, as he will start 11th on Saturday in the Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race.With five career wins at the track, capping his career with his 801st start at Bristol wouldnt be a bad send-off for Gordon. He hasnt won at the track since 2002, so if he could have a drop-the-mic moment with a win, it would be the perfect scenario.Its one of my favorite tracks, if not my favorite, Gordon said. Its a spectacular place to race, especially at night. Right now, Im just happy to make it [the final qualifying round] and try to find ways to improve on what weve done so far.I dont want to get too far ahead of ourselves. Wholesale Custom Ravens Shirts .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Jihad Ward Jersey . Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. http://www.customravensjersey.com/custom-justin-tucker-jersey-large-2093d.html . With the first unit struggling of late and Amir Johnson - one of the teams iron men - hobbling on an injured right ankle, Patterson knew he could get the nod in a challenging matchup against one of the leagues up and coming players at his position. A former IBF flyweight champion from Thailand and a French-Cameroonian middleweight contender are the most prominent professional boxers attempting to win berths in the Rio de Janeiro Olympics during the final qualifying tournament.The International Boxing Association (AIBA) announced the entrants Saturday for the tournament beginning Sunday in Vargas, Venezuela.AIBA decided earlier this year to allow professional boxers to compete for an Olympic berth, but Amnat Ruenroeng and Hassan NDam are the most prominent fighters to seize the opportunity.AIBAs decision sparked renewed interest in the often-overlooked Olympic sport and drew tentative interest from some pros. The gambit also received widespread condemnation from boxers and coaches concerned about the safety and sanctity of the amateur sport.After so much drama, its increasingly likely that no prominent professional fighters will be in the Rio tournament.Ruenroeng and NDam are both former Olympians who fell one victory shy of a medal in their first trips to the Games.The 36-year-old Ruenroeng is competing at the 60-kilogram lightweight limit in Venezuela. He is most famous for taking up boxing while serving a 15-year jail sentence for robbery.Ruenroeng fought for Thailand at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing, losing to Mongolias Purevdorjiin Serdamba in the quarterfinals.He didnt turn pro until 2012, but he won the IBF flyweight title in January 2014 and defended it five times, including a unanimous decision over Chinese star Zou Shiming, a two-time Olympic gold medalist.Ruenroeng lost his title on May 25, getting stopped by John Riel Casimero. Less than six weeks later, he will attempt to win a spot in the Rio Olympics.The 32-year-old NDam is competing for Cameroon at the 81-kilogram light heavyweight limit in Venezuela. He aalso fought for Cameroon at the Athens Games in 2004, losing in the quarterfinals to Russias eventual gold medalist Gaydarbek Gaydarbekov. Jamal Lewis Jersey. NDam won his first 27 pro fights, mostly in France. He briefly held interim middleweight titles with the WBO and WBA, but Peter Quillin beat NDam by unanimous decision in October 2012 for the first loss of his career. NDam then was battered by Canadas David Lemieux in June 2015 in a bout for the IBF middleweight title.AIBAs Olympic invitations to pros drew scathing condemnation from professional boxings sanctioning bodies, who have obvious reasons to protect their own position in the sport. Yet their questions about the safety of matching seasoned fighters against frequently youthful amateurs were echoed by dozens of prominent boxers, including Lennox Lewis and Ricky Hatton.The Mexico-based WBC announced it will ban any of its top-15 boxers for two years for competing in the Olympics, while the IBF said it would strip a champions title or level a one-year banishment from its rankings. While the governing bodies hold little power to prevent pros from fighting, their imprimatur is often a major factor in a professional boxers financial success.Many pros, including Amir Khan and Wladimir Klitschko, showed initial interest in Rio before backing away, citing numerous reasons.Two-time Olympic gold medalist Vasyl Lomachenko believes pros would need more time to adjust to the daily weigh-ins, three-round bouts and intensive tournaments in the Olympics-style sport. While Rio appears to be a bust for AIBA in attracting top pros, Lomachenko believes bigger names will attempt to fight at the 2020 Games in Tokyo. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel