Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 15, 2020 9:21 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

something was not right. I deci

FOR AS LONG as I can remember, I have loved the game of basketball. Larry Johnson Super Bowl Jersey . It has been a therapeutic tool for every difficult situation Ive encountered. Basketball was light on a dark day and a friend when I felt lonely. My freshman year of high school, I made the school basketball team. I practiced for hours every day to improve my skills. One day while playing, I was accidentally hit by a teammate. Thinking that I might have pulled my groin, I kept on playing. The pain increased until I realized something was not right. I decided to tell my mother.She took me to the local emergency room, where the doctor discovered two tumors on an ultrasound. Within a few days, I had a cancer diagnosis. I will never forget the day I was told I had this awful disease.Soon after my diagnosis, I started a journey I never thought possible. It included surgery and chemotherapy. Chemotherapy made me feel as if I were not myself. I could not do any of the things that were natural daily activities. I couldnt walk, run, eat or get out of bed without assistance.That was the lowest point of my life, physically and mentally. I would think to myself, You just have to make it through today. Just worry about today. I feared that I wouldnt wake up to see a new day. I felt as if I were dying.Two Make-A-Wish Georgia volunteers came to my house to talk to me. I shared my story and my passion for basketball. I shared my love for the Miami Heat and my favorite player, LeBron James.I had my mind set on only one wish: to meet LeBron James and the Miami Heat. It was a long shot, but that was my only dream and true wish. Make-A-Wish Georgia contacted us often to assure us that they were doing everything possible to grant my seemingly impossible request.After patiently waiting, the day finally arrived. As I entered my house, I was surprised to find an ESPN TV crew. Two Miami Heat dancers greeted me at the door and handed me a CD. I put the disc into the player and was amazed to see LeBron James inviting my family to fly to Miami. My excitement could not be contained.My family and I flew to Miami. At the American Airlines Arena, I toured the locker rooms and training facility. We watched live practice. I had to pinch myself as I watched LeBron shooting baskets a few feet from me.After practice, head coach Erik Spoelstra called my name. I ran to the team huddle and met the players. Then LeBron invited me for some one-on-one playing time. For more than an hour, my favorite sports figure and I played basketball together.We talked about my high school and my basketball team. I asked him questions and threw alley-oops to him, and we had a 3-point contest. Later, LeBron presented me with several gifts to remember our time together.The next day, I was courtside watching a game next to the Miami Heat bench and cheering my team on. I was able to greet the players as they left and returned to the bench throughout the game.As if everything I had experienced were not enough, LeBron came over and presented me with his game shoes and autographed them for me after the game.A few weeks later, the Heat won the NBA championship and invited me to join them for their celebration. This was the wish that kept on giving. I will never forget that weekend. Not only was it an amazing experience to play my favorite game with the NBA Champions, but also it was closure from the most horrible time of my life.During my treatment, I constantly asked my mother, Why me? Why did I get cancer? After that incredible weekend in Miami, I found myself asking, Why me? What did I do to deserve such an amazing gift?Make-A-Wish Georgia truly changed my life. I am and will forever be grateful for the way they transformed my lifes worst experience and turned it around to become one of my most cherished memories. Tony Gonzalez Super Bowl Jersey . With his new coach and six-time Grand Slam singles champion Boris Becker watching him during an official match for the first time, Djokovic appeared tentative early against the Slovakian player, who often appeared content to keep the ball in play. Xavier Williams Super Bowl Jersey . Terms of the deal were not immediately available. The 26-year-old finished last season with Clevelands Triple-A affiliate in Columbus after signing with the Indians in August. http://www.thechiefsshoponline.com/Youth-Anthony-Sherman-Chiefs-Jersey/ . -- Timbers coach Caleb Porter didnt stray from his business-like approach to the season even after Portland downed the two-time defending league champion Los Angeles Galaxy to gain crucial playoff position. With three MLB division series games Monday, there was plenty of action to keep up with.?Mondays outcomes:-- Nationals 8, Dodgers 3-- Indians 4, Red Sox 3-- Giants 6, Cubs 5 (F/13)Giants force Game 4 with walk-off win in the 13thBut that came after Kris Bryants ninth-inning HR tied things up ...Which came after Conor Gillaspie cost Aroldis Chapman his shot at saving a sweep:Close play at first base goes to CubsIf the Giants postseason ends in Game 3, the close play that wasnt overturned at first base will be debated for years to come in San Francisco. Javier Baez made an incredible throw on a ball hit up the middle and Anthony Rizzo stretched while trying to keep his foot on the bag as San Franciscos Conor Gillaspie sprinted down the first-base line. The play was reviewed and the original out call by the umpire stood, to the dismay of the home crowd.Bumgarner vs. Arrieta was billed as a duel, but Jake helped himselfThe clock is ticking on Dodgers-Nationals series ...Does it seem that the Dodgers and Nationals have been playing forr a long time? Well, thats because they have. Mecole Hardman Super Bowl Jersey. Through three games, their NLDS matchup is on a historic pace for length of games.?Would Ortizs career come to an end tonight?Its been a season full of emotional farewells to David Ortiz, and the Indians had a chance to give Big Papi the sendoff Boston fans didnt want to see -- an ALDS sweep -- as the series shifted to Fenway with the Tribe in control. ?Indians near a sweep with Coco Crisps two-run homer ...... which the Indians completed with their 4-3 win... meaning fans had to say goodbye to PapiNats bounce back with four runs off Kenta?MaedaThe Nationals get RBI hits from Bryce Harper and Jayson Werth and a two-run bomb from Anthony Rendon to cap a big third inning.Corey Seager stays red-hotAfter Kenta Maeda got out of a bases-loaded jam in the top of the first inning, Corey Seager gave the Dodgers an early lead.Theyre underway in Los Angeles ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel