Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 9, 2020 7:59 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Hopefully you are thankful for this weekly column

On behalf of Matt and me we want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hopefully you are thankful for this weekly column http://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Gardner-Minshew-II-Jersey , though we sure wish our prognostication skills were closer to 100%.A man can dream.A found a great meme on Instagram that showed four panes of action. The first was a person in a lesser car coveting a brand new car. Next was a person on a bike sharing that he wished he could afford a car. The third pane showed a person at a bus stop fawning over the person on the bike. The last pane had a person on a balcony, unable to move about, looking at the person walking from the bus stop and sharing how cool it was that the person could go anywhere.Be safe and happy. Find at least one thing to be grateful for and hold it tightly.Of the quarterbacks playing today, you are probably looking at Matt Ryan and Drew Brees as easy plays. The other four are probably concerning, but at least one might surprise you.STUD STARTSTurkey day is here folks which means bird, football, and viewing all the Friends Thanksgiving episodes. Well, that’s what we do in the Fullford house. I don’t know if Matt does that, but I bet het does. Three really good division games are slated for Thursday so let’s get to business. You are starting Brees, Kamara, Thomas, Jones, Zeke.Matt’s Projection for studsQB Drew Brees, SaintsProjection: 352 yards passing and 4 touchdownsRB Alvin Kamara, SaintsProjection: 54 yards rushing wit 5 receptions for 65 yards and 1 touchdownWR Michael Thomas Ryquell Armstead Jersey , SaintsProjection: 10 recpetions for 105 yards and 1 touchdownWR, Julio Jones, FalconsProjection: 9 receptions for 124 yards and 1 touchdownRB Ezekiel Elliot, CowboysProjection: 92 yards rushing with 1 touchdown and 4 receptions for 25 yards-SLEEPER PICKWR Allen Robinson, BearsI hope you took my advice last week. Collins definitely delivered, giving you solid RB1 numbers. This week’s pick might seem odd considering the state of the Chicago Bears QB situation. Matt went with another Bears receiver, but I see Allen Robinson giving you a sneaky payload.Robinson went off for 133 yards and 2 touchdowns in his last game against the Lions, and while you should not accept similar numbers he should get looks from Chase Daniel. Detroit allows wide receivers to have success. While Robinson has been all but a bust this season, I like him in this matchup.This one could bite me.Projection: 5 receptions for 72 yards and 1 touchdown-STARTSQB Colt McCoy, Redskins Look I’m a Cowboys fan and I have a feeling Colt will deliver. He has been in Washington for a long time and knows that system. There is a nagging feeling he is going to make my Cowboys look horrible. He is very cheap in Daily and I think he is worth the spend. Projection: 257 yards passing with 3 touchdowns and 1 interceptionRB Jordan Howard, Bears Chase Daniel is the starting QB and that implies more of a run script offense for the Bears. I expect a two touchdown performance here for Howard. Projection: 15 rushing attempts for 65 yards and 2 touchdownsRB Theo Riddick, LionsKerryon Johnson is out meaning Riddick gets the load. As a RB3 in PPR leagues you have to love what he brings to the lineup. Last week he hauled in 5 of his 7 looks. Stanford may need to dump the ball off against that Bears pass rush.Projection: 42 yards rushing with 6 receptions for 64 yards and 1 touchdownWR Taylor Gabriel, Bears I expect Darius Slay to shadow Robinson which may open up opportunities for Gabriel to exploit. He lead the team in targets last week, and I think he may be in for a good game even with Daniels at QB Projection: 5 receptions for 45 yards and 1 touchdownTE Ben Watson, SaintsI have a feeling that Trequan Smith may be out and even if he isn’t he may be limited. I expect Ben Watson to pick up the load some what in a game that can be high scoring. He is getting a touchdown. Projection: 4 receptions for 34 yards and 1 touchdownLions Defense Matt’s sleeper pick. With a home game on Thanksgiving http://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Quincy-Williams-II-Jersey , and additionally an important division game, the Lions will impress. Also Chase Daniels is going to start. They may give up points but I’m banking on turnovers. Projection: 21 points allowed with 4 sacks and 3 turnoversK Will Lutz, SaintsThe Saints have been averaging over 40 points per game in the last three outings. I foresee another high point total for the Saints and kicking opportunities for Lutz Projection: 2 for 2 on field goals with 4 for 4 on extra points-SITQB Chase Daniels, Bears He is getting the start but he shouldn’t be getting the start on your fantasy team. He has played in a while and even though the matchup is decent against the lions I believe a more run oriented offense for the bears. Projection: 195 yards passing with 1 touchdown and 1 interceptionQB Dak Prescott, CowboysThere is something wrong with the development of Dak, something that may find Dallas with significant coaching changes in the offseason. Elliot is the workhorse, and should see a high majority of touches. The Dallas passing attack simply isn’t anything you want to base your fantasy team on.Projection: 190 yards passing with 42 yards rushing and 1 rushing touchdownRB Tarik Cohen, BearsJust as game script hurts Howard in the past, I believe game script will hurt Cohen. He is a pass catcher and I think they will try to give Howard the ball as much as possible with the quarterback situation as it is. Projection: 5 receptions for 31 yards and 21 yards rushing RB Adrian Peterson, RedskinsI hate this matchup for him. Washington isn’t scoring, and Dallas defense is stout. I know Matt likes Colt McCoy, and maybe he steps in nicely, but I see the Cowboys stacking the box. Additionally, Adrian is becoming a touchdown or bust player.Projection: 45 yards rushingWR Allen Robinson, BearsHere is where Matt and I disagree. He is getting Shadow by Slay. Daniels may try to feed him the ball but that is a mystery. I sit him if I can due to the defensive matchup.Projection: 4 receptions for 51 yardsTE Trey Burton Josh Oliver Jersey , Bears He has disappointed this season; he was suppose to take the next step and be the guy and he disappointed yet again with one catch. He wasn’t getting used when Trubisky was the guy so why should we think he is going to be the guy with Daniels. Sit him Projection: 3 receptions for 24 yardsK Cody Parker, Bears Missed both attempts two weeks ago. He may not even have a job soon. He is on thin ice. I don’t think he will have a good game especially with the offense not up to standards with Trubisky out. Projection: 0 for 1 field goals and 3 for 3 on extra pointsFalcons Defense Self explanatory. 40 points per game over the last three games. The Saints are going to carve up these birds. Sit them. Projection: 38 points allowed with 2 sacks and 1 turnover ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Coming off their best offensive performance of the season — and an extra week of rest — the Buffalo Bills have their starting quarterback back.Josh Allen will make his return against the Jacksonville Jaguars, coach Sean McDermott said on Monday.Allen was a full participant on the practice field as the Bills returned from the Week 11 bye with a shortened 45-minute session. "I'm excited," Allen said. "I'm thankful for the opportunity."Allen missed four games after suffering an elbow injury in Buffalo's Week 6 loss to the Houston Texans. The first-round pick returned to the practice field prior to the team's bye week, but did not play in Week 10 against the New York Jets.The Bills have maintained that Allen, chosen seventh overall last spring, would return to the lineup when healthy — but that decision was not necessarily an easy one for the Bills.Matt Barkley started for Buffalo against the Jets and provided the team with its best performance under center this season, throwing for 232 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions in a 41-10 win."You look at everything," McDermott said. "That's part of my job, my responsibility is to do that. (General manager) Brandon (Beane) and I spoke about it. We certainly were impressed with the way Matt handled things, but at the end of the day Josh is our starter and we're excited to have him back."Allen wore a black sleeve on his right arm at practice on Monday, which he said he could wear in games moving forward. He remained in Buffalo to rehabilitate his injury during the team's bye and felt the extra time off was significant in his recovery."The difference that I feel in the elbow right now compared to two weeks ago is a very big difference," Allen said. "I'm thankful that I was able to sit out for one more week. … I'm making throws where I don't have to second-guess http://www.jaguarsfanstore.com/Jawaan-Taylor-Jersey , putting the ball where it needs to be. And when I'm making the throws there's no grabbing or pulling in there and it feels fluid."Allen's return is just the latest change for Buffalo's last-ranked passing attack. The Bills have made several moves in recent weeks with an emphasis on adding speed and youth at wide receiver, which paid off against the Jets.Deonte Thompson was signed during the team's bye week. Thompson came out of nowhere to earn a significant role on offense last season, making 27 receptions for 430 yards and a touchdown. He signed with Dallas this offseason as a free agent and was released by the Cowboys on Nov. 9."Things weren't working out over there," Thompson said. "It's a great opportunity for me to come back here and get on the field and make some plays. … Coming back here was a no-brainer for me."Thompson's signing comes after a breakout performance by undrafted rookie Robert Foster. With three catches for 105 yards against the Jets, Foster became the first Bills receiver to top 100 yards in more than a year — since Thompson's 107 yards on Oct. 22, 2017."Brandon and I talked a couple weeks ago and we thought we were lacking in the speed department on offense so that's been an emphasis the last couple of weeks," McDermott said. "You saw some of that up against the Jets. That just opens things up a little bit."The early returns on Allen have been mixed so far in Buffalo. The QB has shown flashes with his strong arm and mobility, but he has been largely inconsistent as a passer. In six games, Allen has thrown for 832 yards, two touchdowns and five interceptions."I've been saying it — I think we're close," Allen said. "We went out and we executed very well against a good Jets defense. … That just speaks volumes to the guys that we have in this locker room."

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel