Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 28, 2019 7:01 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

The now- retired reliever went 6-2

New York, NY (Sports Network) - New York Yankees closer Mariano Rivera and Pittsburgh Pirates hurler Francisco Liriano have been named the Comeback Players of the Year for the 2013 season. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Bianche . The 43-year-old Rivera came back from a torn ACL that shelved him for the majority of the 2012 campaign to earn the American League honor. The now- retired reliever went 6-2 with a 2.11 earned run average over 64 appearances and saved 44 games, the most ever by a pitcher in his final MLB season. Riveras outstanding swan song began with a stretch of 18 successfully converted save chances and highlighted by being named the MVP of the ALs 3-0 victory in the All-Star Game at New Yorks Citi Field. The 13-time All-Star finished his brilliant career with an MLB-record 652 saves. Liriano helped the long-suffering Pirates reach the postseason for the first time since 1992 by ranking third in the National League with a career-best 16 victories along with a 3.02 ERA in 26 starts. The hard-throwing lefty was coming off a rough 2012 season in which he went 6-12 with a 5.34 ERA with Minnesota and the Chicago White Sox. The 30-year-old also tallied 163 strikeouts in 161 innings of work, went 8-2 with a stellar 1.26 ERA following a Pittsburgh loss and was the winning pitcher in the Pirates 6-2 triumph over Cincinnati in the NL Wild Card Game. Liriano became the first player to be chosen Comeback of the Year twice since the awards inception in 2005. He took home the AL award while with the Twins in 2010. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Off White Italia . The cause of his death is as of yet undetermined, but police said foul play is not suspected. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Miglior Prezzo . The Rangers announced after Thursdays 4-2 loss to the New York Yankees that they would purchase Williams contract from Triple-A Round Rock. The 32-year-old Williams was released by Houston earlier this month after going 1-4 with a 6.TORONTO - Manager John Gibbons and Jose Bautista have differing opinions about the star players bizarre decision to attempt a steal of third base with the Blue Jays down 5-0 in the fourth inning of Friday nights loss to the Red Sox. "Ive got no idea," said Gibbons after the game when asked what Bautista was thinking. "Its not smart, winning baseball and Im sure he wont do it again." If Bautistas read on the situation is any indication, it seems that under similar circumstances, he would do it again. "I thought it was a great chance to get two guys in scoring position, even though we were down 5-0," said Bautista. "Obviously, the only thing I regret is that I didnt make it." Bautista had doubled with one out in the fourth. Edwin Encarnacion followed with a walk. Dioner Navarro was at the plate. It was the first time in the game the Blue Jays had mounted anything resembling a threat. When Bautistas decision didnt work out the inning was, essentially, lost. Talking through his thought process, if you completely ignored the situation, Bautista makes sense. "I thought I had a pretty good idea that the pitch was going to be a breaking ball and I also know that the catchers not the best catch-and-throw catcher in the league," said Bautista. "Maybe my lead wasnt that big. Maybe I didnt get off to a great running start. But I thought it was a great opportunity for us to get two runners in scoring position with less than two outs." The argument is solid, if youre ignoring the situation, except Encarnacion clearly wasnt prepared. He didnt break for second when Bautista took off for third. "I wasnt thinking about (stealing) the whole at-bat," said Bautista. "It was just something that kind of just came about. I noticed the situation. I didnt see it building up to the situation or I would have given Eddie a sign that he and I have. But I stumbled upon the thought of it and didnt get a chance to give that sign to him." Asked if he accepts the risk/reward nature of the play, Bautista was blunt. "I do," he said. JANSSEN TO THROW BULLPEN ON SUNDAY The timetable for Casey Janssens return from an oblique strain issnt clear. Yeezy Boost 700 Sconti. Hes slowing progressing. "Starting to trust it a lot more," said Janssen. "Im starting to be a lot more active on it. The recovery is quicker. I guess if Im active on it within a few hours its probably gone. You wake up with a fresh start everyday, which is nice. Just got to continue to progress and the further we get away from that Montreal date then the healthier its going to get." Janssen plans to throw a bullpen session on Sunday. If he feels good, hell throw another either Tuesday or Wednesday in Kansas City. If that goes well, hell head back out on a minor league rehabilitation assignment. "Im going to go as good as I can go," said Janssen of Sundays scheduled bullpen. "I havent pitched since that rehab outing (April 15). You dont want to just go out there and blow the doors off it. You want to a: make sure your sides ready but b: again, continue to re-train your arm to do what its supposed to do. Im not going to be lobbing the ball but its probably not going to be my best fastball either." LIND UPDATE Adam Lind, whos been on the disabled list since April 16 with lower back tightness, is swinging a bat down in Dunedin, Florida. He could appear in an extended spring training game as early as Monday. Theres no timetable for his return, although Lind is eligible to come off the disabled list on Friday, May 1, when the Blue Jays are in Pittsburgh. DIAZ GETS HIS RING Jonathan Diaz received his World Series ring from the Boston Red Sox and was happily showing it off before Saturdays game. "I keep saying its really surreal because of how it all happened," said Diaz. "I was a long time in the minor leagues. I got a week in the big leagues and now Im holding a World Series ring and it doesnt make sense. There are some guys whove played the game for so long in the big leagues who dont have one and now Im sitting here with one. Its almost like a dream." Diaz treasures the ring. It wont be sitting on his mantel. "Im going to put it away, man," said Diaz. "Ill probably put it in a safety deposit box. I dont know how Im going to get it to the States. Im afraid to have my wife take it back." ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel