Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 27, 2019 11:31 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

both teams banged their sticks

ANAHEIM, Calif. Air Max 90 Off White Pas Cher . - Teemu Selanne took one last tour of the Anaheim rink after the final horn, waving his stick at cheering fans while players from both teams banged their sticks on the ice. Despite the melancholy look on his face, the Finnish Flash said he has no regrets about returning to the Anaheim Ducks for one last season, even after they fell well short of another Stanley Cup title. Selannes 21-season NHL career likely ended Thursday night with a 6-2 loss to the Los Angeles Kings in Game 7 of their second-round series. The 43-year-old forward has maintained hell retire this summer, keeping to his plan even after starring in his sixth Olympics and playing a significant role during the best regular season in franchise history in Anaheim, his home for parts of 15 seasons. "Ive been flirting with this decision for a long time, but the passion and the fun always brought me back," said Selanne, who didnt score in the finale. "I still love this game, and I still know I can play, but it is better this way than having different situations, and thats why I think it is the right time." The crowd chanted "Lets Go Teemu" in the final minutes, with even Kings fans joining in. After the final horn, Selanne accepted congratulations and eventually made it to the dressing room, where his famed composure slipped. "I tried, but when I came in here, I couldnt hold myself anymore," Selanne said. "I didnt know what to do out there." Selanne kept returning to the Ducks for seven straight years after he first contemplated retirement following their only Stanley Cup championship in 2007, each time hoping the Ducks would make another title run. He kept moving up the NHLs career scoring chart, currently sitting 15th with 1,457 points and 11th with 684 goals. Selannes ice time with the Ducks dwindled this year while coach Bruce Boudreau worked younger players into key roles. He still played a dependable role in Anaheim, bottling his frustration for one more run at a Cup. "The 2007 Stanley Cup has to be the biggest crown for my career," Selanne said. "To be honest, the most proud I am is I have been able to play so many years and at this age. You all know when you get older, its not going to get any easier. But to be able to compete against these young guys and still enjoy this and play well, that has been the greatest thing in my career. Im really thankful for that." Selanne has a full life in Southern California waiting for him after retirement. He opened a successful steak house in Laguna Beach last year, and his four children are comfortable in their year-round home in Coto De Caza, an Orange County community on Selannes beloved golf course. Yet in classic Selanne fashion, he didnt slam the door completely shut on the possibility he could play elsewhere next season. Speculation has been rampant in Finland and Russia about the possibility of luring Selanne to Jokerit, the Helsinki-based club thats joining the Kontinental Hockey League in the fall. "I dont know, and I dont think so," Selanne said a potential move to Jokerit. "I know there is a lot of interest for that, but I always said I was going to retire here. To be honest, I really dont have to play anywhere anymore. I could if I want, but right now I dont want to." Selanne began his pro career with three years in Jokerits junior development program, and he played three seasons with the big-league club before joining the Winnipeg Jets for his record-setting NHL rookie year in 1992-93. The game also might have been a finale for Saku Koivu, Selannes fellow Finn and longtime friend. The 39-year-old Koivu was the Montreal Canadiens captain before moving to Anaheim five years ago. "I really dont have an answer for you," Koivu said. "Usually after the season, the last three or four years, Ive been signing one-year contracts. And Im going to go the same road, just to get away from the game for a couple of weeks and really take a good careful look at what happened, how the season went, and if there is enough left to come back and push for another year." Grossiste Vapormax .com) - John Wall supplied 24 points and 11 assists in leading the Washington Wizards to a 102-91 win over the New York Knicks on Christmas Day. Fausse Balenciaga Triple s Pas Cher . Scotlands Greg Laidlaw made one of two penalty kicks and all three conversions, and Stuart Hogg added a try in the second half. "The most important thing to come out of the game is that we did not get scored against," Laidlaw said.New York, NY (SportsNetwork.com) - Leading his team to a Pac-12 title and a berth in the national semifinals has Marcus Mariota poised to win the biggest individual honor in college football. The Oregon Ducks quarterback was one of three players named Monday as a finalist for the Heisman Trophy and is seen as the runaway favorite to win the award after a stunning statistical season. Wisconsin running back Melvin Gordon and Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper were also named as finalists for the award. The winner will be announced during Saturdays ceremony in New York. Mariota, a redshirt junior, is the most prolific quarterback in Oregon history and has led the Ducks (12-1) to 35 wins in his three seasons as the starter. He has passed for 3,773 yards and 38 touchdowns this season with 669 yards rushing and another 14 scores. He completed 68.3 percent of his 372 passes with just two interceptions on the season and accounted for 346 yards and five touchdowns in a 51-13 win over Arizona in the Pac-12 title game on Friday. Oregon ended the season No. 2 in the College Football Playoff rankings and will face reigning nationaal champion Florida State and last years Heisman winner, quarterback Jameis Winston, in the Rose Bowl on Jan. Air Max 95 Pas Cher Chine. 1. Coopers Crimson Tide (12-1) -- the No. 1 team in the playoff rankings -- will take on Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl on New Years Day. The winners of those games will play for the national championship on Jan. 12. Cooper, a junior, has 115 catches for 1,656 yards and 14 touchdowns in 13 games this season. He had an Iron Bowl-record 224 yards receiving in Alabamas 55-44 win over rival Auburn on Nov. 29 and caught 12 passes in Saturdays win over Missouri in the SEC championship game. Gordon rushed for a then-FBS record 408 yards against Nebraska last month and ended the season with 2,336 yards rushing, fourth-most all-time. He scored 26 on 309 carries but had just 76 yards on 26 carries in Saturdays 59-0 loss to Ohio State in the Big Ten title game. The redshirt juniors single-game rushing record set Nov. 15 in a 59-24 win over the Cornhuskers was broken seven days later by Oklahoma freshman Samaje Perine. The previous record was set by NFL great LaDainian Tomlinson for TCU in 1999. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel