Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 26, 2019 11:03 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

has that great release. Hes

#52162711 / gettyimages. Al-Farouq Aminu Jersey .com DW: Whos your favourite player in todays NHL and why?KP: I like watching [Steven] Stamkos; hes big and rangy and has that great release. Hes a player. Offensively hes a threat every time hes on the ice. Its guys like that who are always fun to watch.   #479303113 / gettyimages.com DW: If you could choose one team to play for in todays NHL, which team would you pick and why?KP: Probably the LA Kings because theyve had so much success and theyre built for the playoffs. Theyre not a team that has dominated the regular season, but come postseason time theyve been great. They find ways to win games and its always somebody different. Its a unique setup. So ya, probably the LA Kings.   #146684222 / gettyimages.com DW: Whats the best prank you ever witnessed pulled in a hockey locker room?KP: The one that I always remember that gives me the greatest chuckle was the time Chris Therien took Daymond Langkows dress shoes, we were in Buffalo, and he had them glued to the ceiling in the locker room. Daymond obviously couldnt get them down because he wasnt tall in stature… even me at 65" wouldnt have been able to get them down! Its just one of those silly pranks. Im not sure where he got the glue or how he got them up there, but he did and it was funny.DW: Whats the most memorable game you ever played in the NHL?KP: I guess the most memorable game would have to be the fifth overtime in Pittsburgh. It was certainly the most memorable goal, back in 2000 in the Eastern Conference Finals. But also, the most memorable game personally might be Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Finals in 2004 where I was more involved offensively, I was all over the score sheet, and it was an elimination game we ended up winning. That was a very memorable game for me as well.DW: What is the strangest NHL moment you ever experienced in your career?KP: I dont know if it was a moment… I guess it was a moment in time. 1991 was my second year in the league, it ended up being a strike year, and that year I had gone back and fourth between Adirondack and Detroit literally four or five times. The strike occurred, we went down for the playoffs, got called back up when the strike ended, got sent back down when we ended up losing, and then went on to win the Calder Cup in Adirondack. It was just a very bizarre stretch of about three months in my career.   #52409977 / gettyimages.com DW: I know you dropped the gloves against your brother - what was it like to fight a sibling on the NHL stage?KP: It was in the heat of the moment, and on reflection both Wayne and I agreed it wasnt the smartest thing wed ever done and swore it would never happen again. Its something YouTube has resurrected for me and is brought up in a lot of conversations as Im seen around town.DW: If the science behind concussions, and player safety was where it is today, do you think you might have approached the game differently as a player?KP: I dont know if I would, but I would definitely understand it better, so theres the chance that I would have approached it better or differently. The sad thing is, ultimately I cant say that I would have. But I agree that with the heightened awareness and the education thats occurred, certainly people are approaching it much differently than they did even as early as five or ten years ago.   #53131589 / gettyimages.com DW: Tell me a little bit about the Stop Concussions Source for Sports Skate Sharpening Day youll take part in Saturday?KP: Source for Sports has been a huge supporter of Stop Concussions and a huge contributor to our growth and ongoing success. Theyve given us much needed resources in order to do the things we do that relates to education, and setting up a platform to stop concussions. One day a year Source For Sports and the participating franchises donate all the proceeds from the skate sharpening in their stores to Stop Concussions. Weve had tremendous success and appreciate all the work Source For Sports does for us.DW: And finally, because were here at BarDown, Im going to have to ask you - can you still go BarDown?KP: Oh ya (laughs)! Im old, slow and fat… but I can still shoot a puck. Jameer Nelson Jersey . Arsenal had already scored its goals in the third round fixture when the fierce rivalry turned ugly in the final ten minutes as Walcott was being carried off on a stretcher. Michael Doleac Jersey . -- Edwin Encarnacion hit a three-run homer, Colby Rasmus drove in two runs and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Detroit Tigers 9-4 on Saturday.EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - New Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer has taken a methodical approach to evaluating the teams muddled quarterback situation, refusing to make any concrete statements about the position until he had time to do his homework and come to a decision. With free agency less than a week away, the coach appears to have come to at least one conclusion: Zimmer wants Matt Cassel to return to Minnesota next season, if the free agent-to-be decides he wants to be with the Vikings. "I would love to have Matt Cassel back if Matt Cassel wants to be back," Zimmer said Thursday. "I dont know if that will happen or wont happen. But were going to find a quarterback somewhere. And if its not Matt Cassel, then well find someone else. "I want guys who want to be here. I want guys that want to be part of the franchise, be part of the organization, be part of the team. And if Matt wants to come back, Im sure that well get it worked out." Zimmer said he has had conversations with Cassel, who went 3-3 in his six starts last season and was on the field at the end of the game for all five Vikings victories, to that effect. Cassel opted out of his contract last month and Zimmer said he expected Cassel to explore free agency before the quarterback makes a decision. Free agents can sign with new teams starting on Tuesday. "Hes got a bunch of pretty girls looking at him right now," Zimmer said, referring to teams that are expected to court Cassel in free agency. "And he wants to explore and see whats best for him. I dont blame any of these guys. In free agency, I think thats why they have the rules is that they get a chance to go see what their markets worth." Last year Cassel split the duties with Christian Ponder for most of the season, with Josh Freeman also getting one start. Cassel completed 60.2 per cent of his passes for 1,807 yards with 11 touchdowns and nine interceptions. "I think the team rallied around him a lot but I think the team has a lot of confidence in him," Zimmer said. "Other than playing against him I dont that much about him yet other than the conversation that we had on the phone." The Vikings have the eighth overall pick in the upcoming draft and are expected to look at drafting a quarterback. Dennis Scott Jersey. But with star running back Adrian Peterson approaching 30 years old, bringing in a veteran quarterback to serve as a bridge until that young player is ready is an avenue the team will consider. One player Peterson wants the Vikings to pursue is Michael Vick, who likely will be looking for a starting job after losing his in Philadelphia to Nick Foles. Peterson tweeted on Thursday that Vick "would (instantly) make the Vikings a playoff team!" "I think he has his opinions," Zimmer said about Peterson. "I like Adrian a lot from the little time that Ive talked to him. I know that hes a great running back. I dont know anything else." Zimmer said he would also like to have receiver Jerome Simpson and longtime defensive stars Jared Allen and Kevin Williams back as well, if all three decide they want to play for the Vikings and accept what could be different roles than the ones they had under the previous regime. Allen and Williams likely would have to take significant paycuts to return. "I think it would be great for him to finish here," Zimmer said of Allen, "but I do understand the business part of all this stuff and if it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out." In general, Zimmer said the Vikings have "a lot of holes to fill" on both sides of the ball as free agency approaches. But the coach expected the team to take a pragmatic approach, focusing more on the draft than making a big splash by signing high-priced veterans. "I think if we go out and spend a whole bunch of money now, wed be upset two years from now because some of them didnt work out," Zimmer said. "So were going to be real diligent in how we approach this and making sure that not only is it best for next year, but best for the long run too." NOTES: The Vikings released DT LeTroy Guion and WR Greg Childs. Guion started 31 games in six seasons with the Vikings, but the team saved $4 million by cutting him. Childs was a fourth-round draft choice in 2012, but never played in a game after tearing the patellar tendons in both knees in training camp during his rookie year. ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel