Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 19, 2019 11:30 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

shooting guard was bought out by

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls and former BYU sensation Jimmer Fredette have tentatively agreed to a contract after he parted with the Sacramento Kings earlier in the week, a person familiar with the situation said Saturday. Anthony Davis Jersey . The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced. The sharp-shooting guard was bought out by the Kings on Thursday and cleared waivers on Saturday. Now, hes getting a second chance with the Bulls. Fredette is averaging just 5.9 point and 11.3 minutes in his third season. But the Bulls are hoping "Jimmermania" will take off in Chicago after staying grounded with the Kings -- or that he will at least give them the outside touch they were seeking. Chicago is making a playoff push despite losing former MVP point guard Derrick Rose to another season-ending knee injury and trading away one of its best players in Luol Deng. The Bulls were second in the Central division at 32-26 after beating Dallas on Friday night for their eighth win in nine games. As well as theyre playing, though, they were still last in the NBA in scoring, 28th in overall shooting and tied for 26th in 3-point percentage. Thats where Fredette, who turned 25 on Tuesday, could help. Even though he hasnt developed into a consistent contributor, Fredette is shooting 47.5 per cent from the floor and 49.3 per cent from 3-point range. Fredette dazzled at BYU, leading the nation in scoring at 28.5 points per game and guiding the Cougars to the final 16 in the NCAA tournament as a senior. He was the Associated Press player of the year and the 10th pick in the 2011 draft, but he never lived up to his billing in Sacramento. The constant chatter about moving not to mention the fact that he played for three coaches and two ownership groups probably didnt help, and it was clear his time with the Kings was coming to an end when they decided not to pick up his option for 2014-15 before this season. Chicago could be a good fit for him, given his ability to stretch the floor even if hes not exactly a top-tier defender. Marco Belinelli and Nate Robinson werent, either, but they flourished under Thibodeau last year and parlayed their success into contracts with other teams. D.J. Augustin is excelling this season, averaging 13.3 points since he signed with the Bulls in December after being waived by Toronto. If Fredette can knock down shots and show some improvement on defence, he could find a role with the Bulls at least for the rest of the season. Ron Artest Jersey . Coming off a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea on Saturday, Arsenal endured another demoralizing result after rallying for a 2-1 lead -- only to concede a fluke equalizer. Zach Norvell Jr. Lakers Jersey . - Benched Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman said he has Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder and voluntarily entered the NFL substance abuse program more than a year ago after mistakenly taking a medication to treat the condition.Manchester City Women’s defender Lucy Bronze is on course to become one of the best players in world football, according to England vice-captain Jordan Nobbs. Bronze added to her growing collection of individual honours last Friday, scooping the Womens Super League 1 Player of the Season accolade at the FA Womens Football Awards at Wembley Stadium.A series of knee operations have hampered Bronzes progression but the former Liverpool defender has still managed to win the title in three of the last four seasons, emerging in recent years as one of England boss Mark Sampsons most important players. I dont think Lucy has reached her peak yet, Nobbs told Sky Sports. Bronze won a domestic double with Manchester City this season She was my rock at last years Womens World Cup, helping to keep my mentality strong when I was injured during the tournament.A lot of people dont know how much of a hard time she went through with injuries when she was younger but she kept on believing and I think shes shown that hard work pays off. Jordan Nobbs (R) was named Englands Player of the Year last week She deserved [all the acclaim for her performances in] that tournament and I think shell go on and become one of the best players in the world.Nobbs was also a winner last week after shhe was voted by fans as Vauxhalls 2016 England Player of the Year. Mitch Richmond Jersey. Nobbs (R) celebrates with goal-scorer Bronze after her winner against Norway at the 2015 Womens World Cup And the Arsenal Ladies midfielder has vowed to put in the hard yards to elevate her game to another level ahead of next summers Womens Euros in the Netherlands.Mark Sampson and [Arsenal boss] Pedro Martinez Losa have really aided my development and hopefully they can keep learning how to push me to get the best out of me, Nobbs said.I think getting the England vice-captaincy has also really helped me and has given me a lot in terms of knowledge and experience. Nobbs says Pedro Martinez Losa has positively impacted her career Managers and coaches are very helpful but ultimately it comes down to you - and how much youre prepared to push yourself - to get to where you want.But I think there is more to come from me as a player, and hopefully at the Euros me and Lucy will be celebrating on the pitch together rather than on the sidelines. Also See: Greenwood targets Euro glory US women fight for equality Man City scoop WSL honours WATCH: Duggans hooked volley ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel