Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 16, 2019 11:31 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

d up first-innings figures of

All-rounder Chris Woakes bagged his maiden 10-wicket match haul as England battled hard to limit Pakistans lead on day three of the first Test at Lords. Replica Shoes . Woakes followed up first-innings figures of 6-70 with 5-31 to become the first England bowler to take five or more wickets in each innings of a Test at Lords since Ian Botham in 1978 but could not prevent Pakistan building a sizeable advantage of 281.Asad Shafiq (49) and Sarfraz Ahmed (45) dragged the tourists, at one stage wobbling on 60-4 in their second innings, to 214-8 at stumps - Yasir Shah contributing a career-best 30no to put Pakistan in the box-seat.England already have their work cut out to win the Test - their highest successful chase at Lords remains the 282-3 made against New Zealand in 2004, with the record by any team the mighty 344-1 scored by the West Indies in 1984.Pakistan made light work of mopping up Englands tail in the morning session, leg-spinner Yasir trapping Steven Finn lbw to improve his figures to 6-72. Watch a pick of the action from the third day of the first Test The hosts added just 19 runs to their overnight 253-7, Woakes ending unbeaten on 35 after Wahab Riaz cleaned out Stuart Broad (17) and Jake Ball was run out.Yasirs figures were the second-best return recorded by a Pakistan bowler against England at Lords, behind Mudassar Nazars 6-32 in 1982, and the fourth best by a leg-spinner on the ground.Nor has any bowler taken more wickets in their first 13 Tests that Yasir, whose tally of 82 now eclipses the record total previously held by Australias Charlie Turner. England got the early breakthrough they needed when Mohammad Hafeez edged Broad to second slip in the third over of the innings but at lunch Pakistans position was promising, Shan Masood and Azhar Ali improving the overall lead to 107.The fightback was led by Woakes, who found Masoods edge with the fifth ball of the new session before hitting Azhar in front of leg - the first of two wickets to fall for one run.The second was that of Misbah-ul-Haq who, having dominated Moeen Ali during a magnificent first-innings century, succumbed trying to take the spinner to task again.The skipper could scarcely believe what he had done after slog-sweeping Moeen to deep mid-wicket where Alex Hales took a fine running catch on the boundary to make it 60-4. Hales celebrates taking the catch to remove Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq His swift change of fortune made Misbah only the second player to follow up a ton at Lords with a duck although he is the 12th skipper to suffer that fate at any ground.Englands aspirations of further in-roads were thwarted, though, by obstinate stands of 69 and 39 between Shafiq (49) and Younus Khan (25) and Sarfraz respectively.Younus bunkered down until he was bowled off the inside edge attempting to cut Moeen and it took a Woakes beauty to bowl Shafiq, the seamer trimming the bails having gone wider on the crease to sneak one through the batsmans defences. Woakes celebrates removing Sarfraz Ahmed At 168-6 Englands hopes of restricting Pakistans lead to beneath 250 were high but Sarfraz found a stoic ally in Yasir, promoted up the order from 11.The pair dug deep to stretch the tourists advantage, enjoying a life each off the increasingly-frustrated Finn - Jonny Bairstow shelling a simple chance when Sarfraz edged behind on 36 after Broad couldnt quite grasp a leading edge offered by Yasir.But Woakes late double strike, removing Sarfraz and Wahab Riaz to catches behind the wicket, pulled Pakistan back to put the game in the balance.Watch highlights of todays play and The Verdict on the red button on Sky Sports 2 tonight at 8pm and 9pm respectively. Fake Shoes From China . Smith has spent the last three seasons with the Rockies, playing both left and right field, and has a .275 batting average with 51 homers and 181 RBIs in 487 major league games. Wholesake Fake Nike Air Force 1 .The third-seeded Murray, who won here in 2009, will face seventh-seeded Kevin Anderson of South Africa next on the indoor hard court.BEREA, Ohio - Thrown into their first NFL game — in Pittsburgh, against the vaunted Steelers — rookies Terrance West and Isaiah Crowell didnt shown any nervousness or fear. They performed like seasoned veterans for the Browns. They need to do it again. With starting running back Ben Tate out with a sprained knee, West and Crowell will play Sunday as the Browns (0-1) host New Orleans. After Tate got hurt in the first half last week in Pittsburgh, West rushed for 100 yards — 91 in the second half — and Crowell scored two touchdowns as the Browns rallied from a 24-point deficit before losing 30-27. Browns coach Mike Pettine was pleased with how his rookie runners fared against the Steelers. "It was encouraging," Pettine said before practice Wednesday. "But they need to be able to take the next step, and this is another challenge for them, to go against this type of defence and its nothing that either one of those guys have seen before. It will be a good test for them." West, a third-round pick from Towson, and Crowell, an undrafted free agent whose college career began at Georgia before he transferred to Alabama State, passed their first test with relative ease. They werent intimidated and Pettine credited running backs coach Wilbert Montgomery with having the youngsters ready. Pettine did not provide any details on Tates injury, only confirming he will sit this week. However, theres a chance Tate could be out for an extended period, which would push West and Crowell up the depth chart. If their debuts were any indication, the Browns might not miss Tate. West, a 5-foot-10, 225-pounder, averaged 6.3 yards on 16 carries and became the first Cleveland back in 27 years to rush for 100 yards in his first pro game. Crowell, the SECs freshman of the year before legal problems derailed his career, scored a 3-yard TD on his first carry and on a 15-yarder. The backs have comparable running styles. Neither has breakaway speed, but while West admits he wants to score every time he touches the ball, Crowell is more patient and takes what defences give him. "Hes a slasher," Pettine said of the 5-foot-11, 225-pounder. "He can put his foot in the ground and cut. Hes decisive. Hes a guy that, if you polled DBs and said, Hey, do you want to make a list of guyss that you want to tackle? I dont think he makes that list. Fake Shoes Free Shipping. ." "Terrance is more of a can make you miss guy. I dont know if Crowell wants to make you miss," Pettine said. Saints coach Sean Payton became familiar with West last year on TV. Payton was watching his alma mater, Eastern Illinois, play Towson in the snow and West wasnt slowed by the wintry conditions. "He had about 310 yards," Payton said. "354," West said, correcting Payton and adding he scored five touchdowns. Maybe wearing his college number again helped. He wore No. 20 during training camp and the preseason, but after veteran back Dion Lewis was released, West asked if he could have No. 28. Clevelands coaches told him he had to earn it and by game time last Sunday he was 28 again. Unfazed by the stage, West ran against the Steelers the way he did in college, where he rushed for 2,509 yards last season with 41 TDs. Pettine wants him to "finish" runs better, and while West understands his coach doesnt want him to force things, hes got one mission with the ball. "Im always trying to score, every play," he said. "I mean every running back should think like that. The great running backs do." Crowells background — he was dismissed at Georgia on weapons charges later dropped — had him wondering about his football future. Looking back, it changed him. "It just made me work harder, made me hungrier," he said. Crowell believes hes just getting started. His debut in Pittsburgh was just his first step. "I feel I can be great," he said. "I feel like I can be one of the best. I want to be one of the best, and thats how Im going to work." NOTES: Pro Bowl TE Jordan Cameron said an MRI showed no structural damage in his right shoulder. He was limited in practice and doesnt know if hell play this week. ... P Spencer Lanning said he did not speak with Steelers WR Antonio Brown, who kicked him in the face on a return. Brown had said he talked to Lanning after the game. "Im not going to say he didnt talk to me, but I didnt talk to him," Lanning said. "I didnt see him. I was looking for him. I made a point to try to look for him." Lanning would not say if he felt Brown should be fined. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel