Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 16, 2019 11:30 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

the Netherlands a spot in the World Cup semi

SALVADOR, Brazil -- Tim Krul came on as a substitute in the final minute of extra time and then saved two penalties in a 4-3 shootout victory over Costa Rica on Saturday, giving the Netherlands a spot in the World Cup semifinals. Wholesale Balenciaga . Krul saved spot kicks from Costa Rica captain Bryan Ruiz and Michael Umana after the match had finished 0-0. "We had a lot of chances but it didnt go in," Krul said on Dutch television. "Then I come in, stop two penalties and here we are." In another stroke of tactical genius at this years World Cup, Netherlands coach Louis van Gaal pulled Jasper Cillessen moments after the Ajax goalkeeper had saved a shot from Marcos Urena in extra time. "The trick is good," said Krul, who plays for Newcastle. "A lot of preparation went into it." The Dutch team will next face Argentina in the semifinals on Wednesday in Sao Paulo. Krul looked super confident during the shootout at the Arena Fonte Nova, saving the second and fifth penalties by diving to his left and sticking out his hand. When Krul stopped Ruizs penalty, Cillessen, watching from the sideline, punched the air in celebration. When he saved the second to win the match, Cillessen out-sprinted the rest of the bench to get to Krul, who was already being mobbed by jubilant teammates who had watched from the halfway line. Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas had kept his team in the match with a string of great saves in the first half and again in extra time. When Wesley Sneijder twice beat him late in regulation and again in the second half of extra time, the woodwork made the stop. Sneijder hit the post with a free kick in the 80th minute and sent a curling shot over Navas and off the crossbar before the penalty shootout. At the end, however, Navas could not stop any of the four Dutch penalties as veterans Robin van Persie, Arjen Robben, Sneijder and Dirk Kuyt all scored. The Krul substitution will only boost Van Gaals reputation as a coach who leaves nothing to chance and who has a golden touch with replacements. And it kept his tenure with the Netherlands alive for two more matches before he becomes the manager at Manchester United next season. Fake Balenciaga For Sale . Heavily-criticized after allowing a dozen goals on 58 shots in two games in Boston, Luongo continued his dominance at home. Hes now allowed two goals in three home games in this series. Balenciaga Shoes Sale .C. -- Clemson celebrated a senior class Saturday that brought the program back as a national contender.The recent ban on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) by the Nevada State Athletic Commission and later the UFC could force one of the most popular fighters in mixed martial art into retirement. Chael Sonnen (28-4-1), a known user of TRT who has made a name for himself as a dominant wrestler and an animated presence behind a microphone, spoke Wednesday on "UFC Tonight" about the rule change and the effect it could have on his career. "If this retires guys, then it retires guys. The rules are the rules, and the rules need to be followed," he said.  "Im going through this myself, where Ive had to stop testosterone with the hope that we can find a new way to gain the results of upping testosterone to stay at a healthy level. If it doesnt work, I may have to stop the sport. And its as simple as that." The TRT ban has already affected one of the sports biggest names. Last week, middleweight title contender Vitor Belfort (24-10) was forced to pull out of his championship bout against Chris Weidman. Lyoto Machida (21-4) hass stepped in to take on the 185-pound champion at UFC 173 on May 24. Fake Balenciaga 2020. Belfort, who has never hid behind the use of TRT, sang a different tune about the potential impact the ban would have on his fighting future. "As other jurisdictions may follow suit, I am going to drop my TRT program and compete in MMA without it," Belfort said in a statement provided to Fox last week.  Being that fighters, including Sonnen, feel that TRT is necessary for them to compete at the same level as their opponents, some red flags went up when Belfort didnt put up much of a fight against the ban. "As it relates to Vitor, I think this was a very genuine and sincere thing for him," Sonnen said. "Heres the problem that I have: a fighter that said seven days ago, I need TRT or I cant do this, and then all of a sudden goes, Well, Ill just stop TRT. I find that very disingenuous." Sonnen is scheduled to fight Wanderlei Silva in a grudge match between coaches in "The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3" finale on May 31. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel