Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 6, 2019 8:51 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

the five-match series and while p

After falling to a heavy defeat in Visakhapatnam, England have a number of selection dilemmas ahead of the third Test. Adidas NMD R1 Cheap . They travel to Mohali 1-0 down in the five-match series and while problems persist in the top order, the make-up of the bowling attack is also up for debate. India vs England November 26, 2016, 3:30am Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass We asked Bob Willis for his verdict on the main issues. Namely, should England keep faith in Ben Duckett at No 4? Who replaces Stuart Broad if he is not fit to play? And should Zafar Ansari retain his place in the side? What to do with Ben Duckett?I think they need to make a change. Duckett played that one innings, in one-day mode really, in the second Test against Bangladesh but hes really struggling against the off-spinners in India. Rather than given him a run of seven games like Adam Lyth, Alex Hales and Nick Compton, I think he would be better off having a rest from the firing line at the moment. Ian Botham believes England need to drop the struggling Ben Duckett Of course, bringing Jos Buttler in would be a little bit of a risk because, in the UAE, he struggled playing defensively against the Pakistan spinners. So he may not be the answer to a maidens prayer but I think hes obviously going to be a better option than Duckett at this stage. I dont think you can go back to Gary Ballance and the fact that Buttler is right-handed is going to help his case, I would have thought.Buttler probably deserves another chance in the side but it is going to be a very tough examination for him. I dont know if there are any obvious names on the Lions tour who could come in and perform a rescue act, but I doubt whether theyd get on any better than Buttler. Jonny Bairstow would move up to bat at five for Bob Willis (Credit: AFP) I would bat Bairstow at five, leave Stokes at six and have Buttler at seven. Itd be nice to Bairstow bat at four but he is not going to be able to keep wicket and bat as high in the order as that. Everyone has noticed a huge improvement in his keeping so theyre not just going to hand the gloves to Buttler.How to balance the bowling attack?Zafar Ansari looked out of his depth in the Test match just completed. I know there were extenuating circumstances, he wasnt feeling particularly well and he had a bit of a back niggle as well. Gareth Batty is one of the players who could replace Zafar Ansari in Mohali England have to decide whether to reinstate Gareth Batty or go in with the extra seam bowler which I presume would be Jake Ball because Steven Finn didnt look particularly effective in Bangladesh. So there is plenty for England to think about.I would doubt whether India would leave any grass on the pitch in Mohali - it has gone through in the past but I think they can make virtually whatever pitch they pike up there in Chandigarh. Im expecting another turner and its vitally important that Alastair Cook wins the toss. Adil Rashid (left) has emerged as Englands premier spinner (Credit: AFP) I would expect that England will go with Gareth Batty rather than the extra seamer, I think three spinners did the job for India and now that Adil Rashid is possibly the most reliable spinner England have, they could probably offer the luxury of having Batty back in the side.Should England risk Stuart Broad?From all the mutterings weve heard from Visakhapatnam, it doesnt look as if Broad is going to be able to make Mohali. Its a fortnight to the Mumbai Test match and you should make sure that he is right for that. So its a straight swap, Chris Woakes for Broad.Woakes will obviously strengthen the batting line up and Rashid has made valuable runs as well. So youre only talking about Batty and Anderson down the bottom of the order not contributing much with the bat. Thats the way I would go: Batty coming back in for Ansari and Woakes for the injured Broad. Then Buttler for Duckett. Stuart Broad faces a race against time to be fit for the third Test (Credit: AFP) You could say that England are carrying one too many seam bowlers in the party and one too few batsmen but I suppose that bowlers get injured more often than batsmen and you dont just want people sitting around - theyve got enough of that already.Watch the third Test between India and England at Mohali live on Sky Sports 2 from 3.30am on Saturday. Also See: Five things: Visakhapatnam Rashid has made huge strides India v England: Story of 2012 India v England: 2nd Test review Adidas NMD Clearance . Cilic cruised to victory, beating the seventh-seeded Seppi 6-1, 6-3 in just 72 minutes. He faced only one break point, winning 24 out of 29 points played on the first serve. Cheap Adidas NMD 2019 . During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said.NEWARK, N.J. -- The snow was falling steadily outside, the crowd inside the Prudential Center was small and the offensively challenged New Jersey Devils were hosting the high-flying St. Louis Blues. The Devils rewarded the several thousand fans who braved the storm with a stunning 7-1 rout. Mark Fayne and Ryan Carter scored 24 seconds apart early in the first period to spark the victory. "With the atmosphere in the rink, we knew it would be tough to get a lot of momentum," Fayne said. "We tried to come out with as much as we could, and we were lucky to get three in the first." Jaromir Jagr, Ryane Clowe, Adam Henrique, Damien Brunner and Eric Gelinas added goals and the Devils celebrated a return to the snow-bound Prudential Center after losing three of four on the road. The seven goals were a season high for both teams -- it was the biggest outburst by the Devils and the most surrendered by the Blues. Cory Schneider, 3-0-2 in his last five appearances, made 26 saves. Alexander Steen scored for the Blues, who sported two impressive marks coming in: they were 14-2-1 against Eastern Conference foes and 15-5-3 on the road. None of that mattered as the Devils stunned the Blues with goals by Fayne and Carter only 2:51 in. "We had a good start, we jumped on them right away," Jagr said. "I think they were a little bit surprised. We were lucky, no question about it. The power play helped. It was a day when everything worked for us." And nothing clicked for the Blues. "We were poor right across the board," coach Ken Hitchcock said. "Poor with our discipline. Our top players took poor penalties. Poor in every aspect of our game. Were going to have to regroup. This is on everybody, on me, the players. A total team loss." Fayne got it started with a high floater from the right point that eluded Brian Elliot at 2:27. It was the New Jersey defencemans first goal in 25 games. Carter followed 24 seconds later with a backhanded rebound. Steen settled things momentarily for St. Louis with his career-high 25th goal to cut the Devils lead to 2-1 at 8:47. Jagr put New Jersey back up by two at 10:27 with his 697th career tally. The paass from Reid Boucher bounced off Jagrs left skate and was affirmed by a video review. Adidas NMD Wholesale China. Elliott was yanked about two minutes later, having surrendered three goals on nine shots, and Jaroslav Halak came on in relief. The first period ended with New Jersey up 3-1 thanks to a 13-6 shot advantage. The Devils tacked on a pair of power-play tallies in the second, by Clowe at 1:03 and Henrique at 15:42, to expand the lead to 5-1. Schneider, who had a relatively easy night, came up with perhaps his best stop midway through the middle period, denying David Backes when he was all alone in the slot. In the third, Brunner added the Devils third power-play tally at 1:18. Brunner was activated before the game from the injured reserve list after missing 14 games with a right knee injury. He didnt miss a beat, stepping right back in with the goal and two assists. "I felt really good in practice," Brunner said. "I had the legs underneath me. Sometimes the game rhythm is different. I can still be a little bit faster, and the hands are a little bit rusty. I think it was a solid three periods to get back on it and I hope to progress from here on." Gelinas scored on a fluke, making it 7-1. He fired a shot from the red line that hit a Blues defender and bounced past Halak. It was that kind of night for the Blues. "I wish I had a great explanation for you," Backes said. "It was an unacceptable start that was a combination of our lack of willing to go into the hard areas and win those battles and they were willing to do those things all game long." NOTES: The Devils cleared roster space for Brunner by placing RW Cam Janssen on waivers. Janssen was assigned to Albany (AHL). ... The Blues remain in the New York area for games against the Rangers on Thursday and the Islanders on Saturday. ... Blues RW Vladimir Tarasenko missed a second straight game with the flu. ... The Devils invited fans in the top levels to "come on down" to the lower bowl to fill the available empty seats during a break in the first-period action. Fans also were offered a pair of tickets for an upcoming game. ... Henrique missed the third period with an undisclosed injury. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel