Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 6, 2019 8:50 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

winner after guiding Leiceste

Title-winning Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri has collected another prize after being named the winner of the Enzo Bearzot award for the best Italian coach of the season. Nike Air Max 270 Clearance . The award was founded in 2011 to honour the man who coached Italy to World Cup glory in 1982 and died in 2010.And Ranieri has been named the 2016 winner after guiding Leicester, who battled relegation for much of last season, to an improbable Premier League title success. The 64-year-old Ranieri has emerged as one of the most popular figures in British football over the course of the season, his calmness and good humour a constant, despite the pressure of a title race.And the experienced boss flew to Rome on Monday to collect the Bearzot award in person.Honestly, I still havent realized what weve done, said Ranieri. We started off just trying to avoid relegation and you saw what happened. Ranieri has enjoyed an amazing season in charge of Premier League winners Leicester I never met Bearzot but Ive been told by people that they see his spirit in me and that fills me with pride.Italian FA chief Carlo Tavecchio said: Of all the titles won by Italians, Claudios achievement is something unparalleled.He added that he would like to see Ranieri coaching the Italian national team one day.Im talking in an abstract manner, not about the next World Cups, he said. Claudio is young and he has time. In his second sports homeland [England] he still has a lot to achieve. And I dont think it would be easy to deprive him of that opportunity. Also See: Leicester video Leicester stats Leicester stats Get a £10 free bet! Cheap Nike Air Max 270 Ispa . The mood in Seattle was electrified as the parade featuring the NFL champions began near the Space Needle and made its way to CenturyLink Field, the home of the team. At a ceremony inside the stadium, the team thanked its loyal followers -- the 12th Man -- capping a day of boisterous celebration that drew an estimated 700,000 revelers to Seattle. Air Max 270 Just Do It White . Maximilian Arnold put Wolfsburg ahead in the eighth minute, when the stationary Fallou Diagne allowed him to guide Patrick Ochs cross beyond the helpless Freiburg goalkeeper, and Ivica Olic doubled the lead three minutes later after Luiz Gustavo did well to set him up.ST. LOUIS -- Pittsburgh Pirates right-hander Edinson Volquez was expecting some pearls of wisdom from pitching coach Ray Searage before Thursday nights start at St. Louis. "He came up to me and I figured we were going to go over their lineup, do some scouting," Volquez said. "But all he said was, Go out there and win." Volquez compiled with those simple instructions, tossing a complete game six-hitter to win his fourth straight start in a 9-1 victory. Neil Walker, Josh Harrison, Russell Martin and Andrew McCutchen all drove in two runs for Pittsburgh, which avoided being swept in the four-game series. Volquez (8-6) has a 0.90 ERA in winning four consecutive starts for the first time in his career. He struck out five and walked two in recording the second complete-game win of his career. He allowed just one hit as a member of the San Diego Padres in beating Houston 1-0 on July 19, 2012. "He used his breaking ball effectively and he got outs when he needed them," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "Its about throwing strikes and changing speeds. It was a real good effort." Volquez seemed to get better as the game went along. He needed a season-high 114 pitches to give the Pirates their first complete game of the season. "He had command of all of his pitches," St. Louis infielder Matt Carpenter said. "We just werent able to get anything going." Volquez allowed the leadoff batter to reach base in each of the first four innings. He then gave up just two hits over the final five. "When he gets past the fifth, he smells the finish," Hurdle said. Shelby Miller (7-8) allowed four runs in five innings. He walked four and struck out one. Walker extended his hitting streak to a season-high 12 games with a two-run double in the fifth that extended the Pirates lead to 4-1. McCutchen started the three-run uprising with a run-scoring single that broke a 1-all tie. McCutchen drove in a run inn the sixth with a sacrifice fly. Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit China. Harrison added a two-run double in the inning that made it 6-1. Martin homered off Jason Motte in the ninth. Martin drove in his 500th career run in the first inning. The Pirates had been held to six runs in losing the first three games of the series. They were a combined 2 for 25 with runners in scoring position in those losses. On Thursday, they came up with several key hits in a 4-for-11 effort with runners in scoring position. "We took advantage of some mistakes and some opportunities and we were able to play our game," Walker said. The Cardinals were playing without All-Star catcher Yadier Molina, who tore a ligament in his right thumb in Wednesdays 5-2 win. Molina will undergo surgery on Friday and is expected to miss 8 to 12 weeks. "I think it was a tough night for our club in general," manager Mike Mathney said. "We just didnt look right from the beginning." St. Louis tied it in the third on a sacrifice fly by Carpenter. Kolten Wong began the inning with a single. Miller lost his third straight decision. "I didnt do a good job of getting ahead in the count," Miller said. "I ended up walking guys and they took advantage of the situation." NOTES: St. Louis OF Allen Craig, mired in an 0-for-13 skid did not play Thursday. ...The Cardinals open a three-game series in Milwaukee on Friday. Joe Kelly (1-1, 0.59) will face Yovani Gallardo (5-5, 3.45) in the first game. Kelly is making his first appearance since straining his left hamstring on April 16. ... Pittsburgh will travel to Cincinnati for a three-game series beginning Friday. LHP Jeff Locke (2-1, 3.08) will face Mat Latos (2-1, 2.41) in the opener. ... St. Louis C Tony Cruz, who is replacing Molina, allowed a passed ball in the sixth that brought in a run. ...There are now just three teams without a complete game this season -- Kansas City, Colorado and the Chicago Cubs. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel