Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 27, 2019 11:31 AM IST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

The Calgary native finished

ALTENBERG, Germany -- Canadas Alex Gough won a pair of silver medals while Kimberley McRae added a bronze at a World Cup womens luge event Sunday. Curry 2 Shoes Online . The Calgary native finished second, 0.674 seconds behind Germanys Natalie Geisenberger (one minute 46.332 seconds), who captured the World Cup championship for the second straight year. "I definitely didnt expect that ...," said Gough. "I think seeing your teammates do well does a lot for everyone to know it is not only the Germans that can get on the podium. To have two athletes from another country on the womens podium is very rare." McRae, also of Calgary, trailed Gough by 0.024 seconds for her first-career podium. "Standing in the finish area beside Alex my heart was just hammering," said McRae. "I remember watching the Russian and saying to Alex, I could move into third. I just started jumping for joy. "It was amazing. To share it with Alex is pretty cool. Watching her get on the podium over the last few years has really helped me. It tells me I can do it and it is not always the same athletes that win." It was Geisenbergers seventh win in eight races on the circuit this season. Her teammates Tatjana Huefner and Dajana Eitberger were fourth and fifth. This is the seventh consecutive year that Geisenberger finished ranked in the top three on tour and the 16th straight year in which a German woman won the season-long title. Geisenberger is also the sixth woman to win back-to-back World Cup titles and the ninth woman with multiple championships overall. "They all tell me that Im the top favourite to win the gold medal at the games," Geisenberger said. "However, my aim is to claim a medal. The pressure is high enough and I dont need to put myself under even more pressure." In the team relay, Russia finished first, followed by Canada in second -- with Gough getting her second silver of the day by being part of the effort there -- and Germany took third. Germans swept all three disciplines in the World Cup this season, with Felix Loch taking the mens crown and the team of Tobias Wendl and Tobias Arlt winning the doubles points championship. Germany also finished with the most ranking points in team relays. Scorpio Shoes Sale . Five years ago, Nestor and Zimonjic beat the American twins to win the title. But the Bryans, the worlds top-ranked team, needed 74 minutes to earn the victory Saturday as both Nestor and Zimonjic lost serve in the second set. Ua Hovr Online . 22. Wade averaged 26.3 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 2.0 steals while leading the Heat to a 3-0 record. The 31-year-old shot 60 percent from the field and 50 percent from 3-point range en route to his 17th weekly honor.MILWAUKEE -- Left-handed hitter Gerardo Parra is bringing a little balance to a Milwaukee Brewers lineup stacked with right-handed bats. The two-time Gold Glove winning outfielder was acquired from the Arizona Diamondbacks for a pair of minor leaguers Thursday ahead of the non-waiver trade deadline. The NL Central-leading Brewers sent outfielder Mitch Haniger and left-hander Anthony Banda to Arizona. Parra was hitting .259, about 25 points lower than his career average, with six homers and 30 RBIs. The Brewers could use him in a platoon with righty bat Khris Davis, who is hitting just .232 against right-handers. Parra is hitting .271 against righties, and .429 overall since July 23. The Brewers were off Thursday, spending much of the day in St. Petersburg, Florida, after losing two of three to the Tampa Bay Rays. Milwaukee begins a three-game series Friday against division rival St. Louis, which added right-handed starters Justin Masterson and John Lackey at the trade deadline. Parra was expected to join the team Friday in St. Curry 1 Shoes For Sale. Louis. centre fielder Carlos Gomez, Jonathan Lucroy, Ryan Braun and Aramis Ramirez -- all right-handed hitters -- lead the Brewers lineup. "Welcome to the family to the Brewers," Gomez said Thursday afternoon on Twitter. Scooter Gennett is hitting .302 with eight homers as the left-handed half of a platoon at second base with Rickie Weeks. Lyle Overbay, who is hitting .232 with four homers, is the only other left-handed hitter who plays with any regularity. The addition of Parra gives Milwaukee another top glove in the outfield to join Gomez. Outfielder Logan Schafer will be optioned to Triple-A Nashville to make room for Parra, the team said. The 23-year-old Haniger was playing for Double-A Huntsville. He was Milwaukees No. 3 prospect, according to Baseball America. He was hitting .255 with 10 homers and 34 RBIs. Banda, 20, was 6-6 with a 3.66 ERA for Class A Wisconsin. ' ' '

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel